cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need for PHP 7

I know that there are already lots of posts talknig about PHP 7 but godaddy seems have no plan for upgrading to PHP 7.

And I have tried to upgrade the PHP via SSH , no use ( we do not have the access permission )

I do not know why there is still no PHP 7 for a web hosting nowadays.

6 REPLIES 6

I have just paid one-year 3 weeks ago, and I deeply hope there is refund if there is no PHP upgrade as my web need it Woman Frustrated

Retired
Not applicable

Hi @RudraYukaia,

there are viable workarounds for this. 

1. VPS
  2. Dedicated server
  3. Redirection to other hosting 

please contact support if you want the latest news or alternative solutions. Also if wanting a refund please ask support before the 30 day deadline. I would carefully consider all options before sacrificing all your work because one third party plugin requires  php 7. 

😀

If there is php7 for me then I think I have no reason to refund, as PHP 7's performance is so good compared than php5.x in most of the common app, wordpress , CMS etc.

And upgrading 5.x to 7 is just a line of command in linux , just because I do not have permission to do that.
Retired
Not applicable

Hi again @RudraYukaia,

yes there are ways to make this work, but not on shared hosting unless you are prepared to wait for the developers to upgrade to php 7. 

The methods I have outlined should be viable alternatives to enable upgrading yourself. 

A quick chat with support about this will outline all your options in full detail. From VPS to dedicated servers to redirecting. There are ways to install php 7 from godaddy services, it just requires 'thinking out of the box' , and sometimes a chat with support. 

😀

We just checked our Godaddy Cpanel Shared hosting and PHP 7.1 is now available... We've been waiting for way too long now, not sure if its true...

Product Team

@RudraYukaia

Exciting news to all GoDaddy cPanel users. Your account is now updated with the latest PHP 7.0 and 7.1! If you want to update, login to your cPanel dashboard. Then under the Software heading click “Select PHP version”. In the top left of the PHP selection page use the dropdown the PHP version you want and click set as current. You are now ready to go! But a heads-up before you update, I recommend you check you site for compatibility first. If you have any questions our customer support team is happy to help 24/7. Just call (480) 505-8877.

- Paul Seguritan, cPanel Product Manager