cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

New website not working, keeps showing too many redirects err

hello please i need help. i just hosted a new website (iedsworld.com) with godaddy but it keeps showing me too many redirects. though i have not purchased SSL cert yet but that shouldnt stop the website from showing up right?.... please how do i fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: NEW WEBSITE NOT WORKING, KEEPS SHOWING TOO MANY REDIRECTS ERR

@ifeema 

Do you happen to have an .htaccess file setup - what is happening is that your website is on iedsworld.com and it's trying to load on www.iedsworld.com (or vise versa) and there is something that is redirecting one to the other creating a loop

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

thank you very much @PL281  for the quick reply. please how do i set up the .htaccess and the code ?

please see if the code below is correct..

RewriteEngine On 
RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} 80
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^ ?iedsworld.com\.com
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ www.iedsworld.com/$1 [R,L]

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@ifeema 

That looks ok....

I just took a look at the DNS for your domain and it looks like the IP address is for a GoDaddy forwarding URL - do you have forwarding enabled with the domain - if so that should be disabled and set the IP address of the @ record to be that of your server

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community