cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Newbie here (website issues)

I got my domain name with godaddy as well as hosting. Godaddy says that my website is up and running (wedesignnigeria.com)

I checked the nameservers. I am using ns57.domaincontrol.com and ns58.domaincontrol.com

my website's ip address is 160.153.129.19.

On whatsmydns.com, it shows my website is not being hosted.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

13 REPLIES 13
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Newbie here (website issues)

@chinwe1 wrote:

I got my domain name with godaddy as well as hosting. Godaddy says that my website is up and running (wedesignnigeria.com)

I checked the nameservers. I am using ns57.domaincontrol.com and ns58.domaincontrol.com

my website's ip address is 160.153.129.19.

On whatsmydns.com, it shows my website is not being hosted.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

@chinwe1 Can you please clarify what your domain name is? That domain doesn't appear to be registered.

--

Hello,

My domain is wedesignnigeria.com

I paid since nov.3

Employee
Employee
Solution

@chinwe1 Hello! It's possible that you purchased hosting, but not the domain name, as you can set up hosting for any domain even if not yet registered. If that is in fact the domain you are trying to host then I suggest registering it (https://who.godaddy.com/WhoIs.aspx?domain=wedesignnigeria.com) then updating the DNS accordingly. 

Naterx - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Thanks!

website not showing up

i'm using windows plesk hosting.

i've already uploaded my files in the default root directory which is httpdocs and the file name of index is index.php

why is it not showing when i open up my website?

what am i seeing is the default homepage when you've just started hosting:

Future home of something quite cool.

If you're the site owner, log in to launch this site

If you are a visitor, check back soon.

like that.

pls. help

edit: 

i've also created a web.config file:

<configuration>
   <system.webServer>
      <defaultDocument enabled="true">
         <files>
            <add value="index.php" />
         </files>
      </defaultDocument>
   </system.webServer>
</configuration>

still my index.php is not showing.

also when i type in the url: mysite.com/index.php it says 404 file not found.

my domain name and hosting is still active(i mean not expired)
New

Hello,

I have created a subdomain and uploaded files into that subdomain.

When I browse 'subdomain.domain.com' it says server DNS address could not be found.

How to resolve this issue.

Thanks 

New

What is default location of my website files with the cPanel hosting plan?

Greetings Alla,

I have 2 hosting plans within my GoDaddy account.
The product name for one of the hosting plans is cPanel  and the other is Web Hosting Linux.
The cPanel hosting account is tied to one domain lets call it mydomain1.com and the Web Hosting Linux is tied to another domain, lets call it MyDomain2.com.

I am currently trying to consolidate my hosting into one plan as this is more economical.
I am therefore moving the websites from the Web Hositng Linux to the cPanel hosting.

I have a question however.
The files of the webiste tied to the cPanel Hosting plan are located here:
/home/mydomain1

Where would I upload the sites I am migrating from the Web Hosting Linux plan? would it be to /home/mydomain1/mydomain2 for example?

Highlighted

New hosting and domain problem

Hi all, I have purchased hosting, uploaded my site to public_html, the domain was transfered to my account succesfully and the nameservers are as in the email sent to me when I registered but I cannot see the website, even if I use the ip of the site I just get "Future home of something quite cool"

Any ideas?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New hosting and domain problem

Hi @HenrysCat,

It takes a little time, it's not immediate.

What's your domain name?

The domain is stockiphoto.com, but shouldn't the site load ok by going direct to the IP address? or by preview site in cPanel?

Hey @HenrysCat,

If the IP address of your site is not resolving to your uploaded site, make sure your homepage is using a valid Index File Name. As for the domain name, I would also make sure your domain DNS settings are pointing to the same IP address of your hosting plan. Right now, a public DNS DiG on the name shows it's still pointing to one of our default parked IP's. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

I have index.php file in public_html, the only IP under DNS Managment is under the A record which is different from my hosting plan IP, shall i change that one?

Re: website not showing up

Hi drexler_ I’m having to same problem with the Plesk hosting. I can’t get my website to go live, it keeps taking me to the Maintenance version of my site. Did you ever find a solution to solve this problem.