cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Options for hosting ASP webpages on Wordpress

Hi,

I created a Managed Wordpress site using Godaddy.  Looks great, easy to use, all that.

For the website that I'm migrating from, there is a part of the site which uses asp pages, so dynamically loaded pages.

As far as I can tell, Managed Wordpress using Godaddy will not run asp pages, please correct me if I'm wrong.  I did try uploading a zip file of the part of the site using ASP and extracted it under /folder/ but the pages would not dynamically generate providing this to be the case.

Is my only option if I want to stay on Godaddy to set up a Cpanel Linux server and then move the website to Cpanel?  The old site uses a very old version of Cpanel and is nearly out of space (10Gb total), so it might be a good move to do this.

Please can someone confirm this would be my best option?

Thank you, Robert

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Options for hosting ASP webpages on Wordpress

Hi @notoriousrab430. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! You're correct that a Managed WordPress account will not load ASP pages. However, our cPanel hosting plans also will not load ASP files. The only platform we have (other than VPS or Dedicated Servers) that would load ASP files would be a Windows Plesk account. You could still host your WordPress site on one of those since PHP is available on these accounts as well. However, WordPress websites occasionally have difficulty on Windows plans, so it can be a bit of a gamble. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Re: Options for hosting ASP webpages on Wordpress

That's very useful.  Thank you so much Jesse