cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

PHP 7 availability date

When will GoDaddy make PHP 7 available for upgrade via the cPanel?

23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PHP 7 availability date

Hi @PookeyBear,

found some Godaddy threads on this :

https://uk.godaddy.com/community/Developer-Cloud-Portal/Newer-version-of-PHP/td-p/1428

Hope this answers your question.

"It's not the newest fishing tackle that catches more fish......... but the older and wiser fisherman"

Thanks 

EMPLOYEE  on 01-04-2017 08:21 AM
"cPanel will support PHP7 in the next couple months and Managed WordPress will support it shortly after that"
Its now late March 2017 and PHP7 has been running in a stable manner for quite awhile now.
Most other web hosting provides have already embraced PHP7.
Why is GoDaddy so slow in rolling out such a major update?
New

How to get a php 7 in my hosting. Because my project require php 7

I'm using Neos CMS version 3.0 require PHP7. I so sad that Godady didn't provide the latest PHP. 

Please Solve this issue 

Re: How to get a php 7 in my hosting. Because my project require php 7

I need also PHP 7. When will it be available ?

Joomla is now giving me a message saying PHP 5.6 will soon no longer be supported. We need an option for PHP 7 now!

Godaddy should have provided PHP 7 by now. Seems it's time to change hosting. 🙂

@Rohit35109 wrote:

Godaddy should have provided PHP 7 by now. Seems it's time to change hosting. 🙂

I absolutely agree!

php 7.0, Released date 3rd December 2015, Supported until 3rd December 2018.

Information collected from wikipedia

Murali from www.vistadigitals.com

New

Seems you may need to switch host

Always more expensive and nothing in return... PHP 7 is now a requirement and will even soon be outdated itself. Time to switch hosting provider...
New

I need PHP 7 to host my code in production asap.

This is so sad, and pathetic really. GoDaddy used to be such a nice place to keep everything hosted. As time has gone on, prices have gone up, and features have come down.

I think it is time to pull my accounts, as well as the many accounts I am a manager of. 

New
New

According to hosting provider Pantheon.io (who already support PHP 7):

"It’s not only 62% faster than PHP 5.6, but now it’s also the recommended default for WordPress and fully tested with Drupal 8."

PHP 7 seems like a win-win for all involved. What's the hold-up, GoDaddy?

We just checked our Godaddy Cpanel Shared hosting and PHP 7.1 is now available... has anyone else noticed this?

We've been waiting for way too long now, not sure if it's true...

New
New

Yes, I'm seeing both PHP 7.0 and 7.1 available on my Linux Shared Hosting cPanel. Switched over 6 WordPress websites so far without any problems (at first glance, anyway).

Great job,Only took two years, leaving a little over a year for support. Hopefully you all work quicker in the future with major releases. Borderline either incompetence or indifference.
Highlighted
Product Team
Product Team
Solution

@PookeyBear@AeroDonkey

Exciting news to all GoDaddy cPanel users. Your account is now updated with the latest PHP 7.0 and 7.1! If you want to update, login to your cPanel dashboard. Then under the Software heading click “Select PHP version”. In the top left of the PHP selection page use the dropdown the PHP version you want and click set as current. You are now ready to go! But a heads-up before you update, I recommend you check you site for compatibility first. If you have any questions our customer support team is happy to help 24/7. Just call (480) 505-8877.

- Paul Seguritan, cPanel Product Manager

Helper I
Helper I

It was supposed to be available in December for shared hosting finally, but they released it EARLY! PHP versions 7 and 7.1 are now available in cPanel for shared hosting clients. (dedicated hosting got it a while ago)

Not seeing here in Linux web hosting, 5.6 is highest

Any timetable on getting PHP 7 to Managed WP hosting? It's less performant than normal shared hosting right now.

Bump for any info on when PHP 7 is coming to GoDaddy Managed Wordpress hosting? Seems like it's been over a year now since they said it would be activated.

7 isn't coming to WordPress Hosting. It's available in the new "Pro WordPress Hosting." It's pretty silly that GoDaddy even continues to offer the former product.

New

Big corporations are all the same. The service can get worst and worst but the billing is always on time. Seems like it would worth to try switching the people from the billing dep. with the ones from the service dep. and get things going again !