Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Decaf
New

PHP Memory Limit 32M > 128M

Hello,

My current product: Starter Linux Hosting with cPanel
When installing forum software it requires 128M but gives 32M
If I upgrade my Starter Linux Hosting with cPanel would PHP Memory Limit increase?
I have read it here and there but I want to ask it here first

Regards,
Decaf

8 REPLIES 8
PL281
Super User IV

@Decaf 

You should be able to increase the PHP memory limit without upgrading the server - In cPanel search for PHP and you should be able to get to the config options and increase the memory limit

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hello, @PL281 

I have searched for PHP, It shows me phpMyAdmin
Been looking around, through settings aswell no php limit settings

Regards,

Decaf

PL281
Super User IV

@Decaf 

If you search for PHP in cPanel you should see Select PHP Version. From there you can click Switch to PHP Options and then on that screen update the memory limit.

Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 4.50.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 4.50.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 4.51.05 PM.png

   

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

@PL281 

I have tried that before, Gives me error page
https://prnt.sc/s9ul1v

PL281
Super User IV

@Decaf 

I would try a private browser window - if it still give you an error reach out to GoDaddy support as they should be able to help from their side.

Hello,

I did try private browser yesterday, no success.
Went on livechat with godaddy and was solved within 10 minutes including my DNS problems.

GoDaddy has created a user.ini with php settings.
It has been 13 hours agoo now, still not applied to website will wait another 12 hours to check again.

PL281
Super User IV

@Decaf 

Once you have the user.ini file it should take affect right away - that being said - PHP is funny and sometimes requires a "call" to read the updated settings.

I suggest adding something like test.php with

<?php

phpinfo();
?>

Then visit that page and check the settings that are reported

JMPepper
Advocate VII

Hi @Decaf ,

@PL281  is spot on and you'll probably be increasing php processing time and some other parameters.

I'll add this perspective as well.  If you are questioning your server's capabilities right from the start, you need to make a very careful evaluation of your ENTIRE installation's requirements.  This is just the beginning.  As you add functionality, libraries, and updates to the installation (regardless of platform), you really need to know what the load is going to be prior to implementing.  Read documentation and ask the software providers.

If you are going to implement in stages, consider that you may need to upgrade the server capabilities along with the functionality.  Just build this into your plans from the beginning.  Moving cPanel to cPanel update is usually pretty straightforward. However, one needs to fully understand the upgrade process to allow for any downtime, propagation, and other variables. I've made the mistake of not doing this. 

Here is a link to the GoDaddy business cPanel.  Yes, it is more expensive.  This plan is one that I recommend over the economy.  It works.  I use it.  Even the lowest end in this category of hosting is better than any of the economy plans.  

https://www.godaddy.com/hosting/business-hosting-plans

It really makes me lose what little hair I have left when I don't think about this stuff ahead a time.

Trying to save you some hair!

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites