cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

PHP code is not working with my economy Linux Hosting

Hi Guys,

I have the economy Linux hosting with GoDaddy and have got html code working but php code does not run. The code will run on other web servers but not with GoDaddy, When running the .php file I am returned with a blank screen. Has anyone else had this problem? if so could you please tell me if you've been able to fix it.

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4

Re: PHP code is not working with my economy Linux Hosting

Hi @Tantami, thanks for posting.

Have you tried a very simple php script, such as a php info page? If you can't get any PHP to work, I suggest contacting Support so they can review your account in detail.
^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're receiving a blank screen when using a PHP file. It is likely that file contains errors in the GoDaddy hosting environment.

I would recommend you check your error_log for further details or as previously suggested. Try putting a very basic PHP file in (such as phpinfo()) to test the water.

Don't forget to encase your PHP code with proper begin/exit tags (<?php #code ?>) to ensure proper functionality.

Roger

PHP is not working. My html page contains

<?php echo "Hello World"; ?> 

but nothing is displayed. Do I have to enable PHP somewhere in cPanel ? I have found the "Select PHP version" link below the "Software" headline. Here I changed the PHP version from 7.1 to 5.4, but this did not help. 

New
Solution

Rename index.html to index.php