cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Adath
New

Path to uploaded files?

I've used the File Manager to see where I can place PDF files for site visitors to download, and I have successfully uploaded a PDF file. What I can't figure out is what the path is so I can include a link on the website. At the top of the File Manager page, I see a folder icon, then a Home icon, and in parens, "/home/" followed by a short string of numbers and letters. If I put a PDF file in the subdirectory "public_html", what would the whole path be?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PL281
Super User IV

@Adath 

So Assuming your Ravshai.com is pointed to that folder http://ravshai.com/Writings/

on cPanel it is case sensitive 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PL281
Super User IV

@Adath 

Assuming that your domain is pointed to the root of the server (public_html) then it would just be yourdomain/subfolder/filename.pdf

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

That's what I would have thought, but it's not working. Here is a screenshot of File Manager. The PDF file is in the Writings folder.

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 1.09.03 PM.png

Oops, I notice there are two Writing folders because I've been trying to figure things out. The PDF file is in both of them.

PL281
Super User IV

@Adath 

So Assuming your Ravshai.com is pointed to that folder http://ravshai.com/Writings/

on cPanel it is case sensitive 

View solution in original post

Finally got it to work! Thank you!