cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Php hosting not working

Hi there!

I discovered that the home page for my domain, www.dissidentlogic.com is no longer resolving in web browsers. I do not believe I made any changes that would have caused this. At first, I thought it was a DNS issue, but I can view html files hosted at this domain just fine, so it appears to be a php issue (I have an index.php at the root directory). I have a php.ini file, but I do not have a user.ini file. I also don't appear to have a /public_html folder. According to the GoDaddy File Manager web page, everything is under "webroot". Can you help me figure out what happened, and how it can be fixed?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Php hosting not working

Hi @DissidentDan. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! That's definitely a confusing issue. I'm not sure how even your HTML files would load if you don't have a /public_html directory. If that has somehow been deleted, check the "trash" folder, as it might be there. If not, you can connect with our hosting team to see about getting files restored. 

As for PHP not running, there are a few things that can cause this. I'd suggest disabling your php.ini file, and any .htaccess file you might have to see if that does anything. If not, PHP may need to be restarted on the cPanel account. If that's the case, you'll need to connect with our support team about. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Re: Php hosting not working

Thank you for the response, JesseW. The files that I have are they same files that have always been there. I'm guessing "webroot" and "public_html" are different aliases for the same thing.

I tried renaming my .htaccess and php.ini files to other names, but that did not affect anything. index.php is still not loading.

I will try some sort of live support.