cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Port Forwarding using cPanel--how to make it work to access via domain only?

I have a "Linux hosting with cPanel " with nodejs.
The site is accessible if I add a port at the end of the url.
How can i make it work to access it via domain only?
Or there is any way to have access from nodejs to the port 80? at the moment is used so I changed to 50000.

6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Port Forwarding

Hi @paolosfo. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! Unfortunately, I'm not sure what you mean. It sounds like you may have a shared Linux Hosting plan, in which case you wouldn't be able to install Node.js. If you can provide more info on what you're working with, including your website address, others in the community may be able to give you a suggestion though. Best of luck! 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Solution

At this moment I have suspended this project for another. I'll be back later. thanks for the support.

Hi

We have VPS server for URL https://video.wallfixers.com:8080/ , We want it to run at

https://video.wallfixers.com so we want to change permission for port 80 . How it will be done

Thanks

How did you fix it?

I cannot access via domain name only and must add :8080 in order to access website. 

Sorry, but this project is suspended.

Bye

Employee
Employee
Solution

I am not very familiar with running Node.js on our Shared Hosting but I have found this:  that someone else shared in the IRC channel:

1 $ setcap 'cap_net_bind_service=+ep' /path/to/.nvm/v0.10.17/bin/node
2 $ apt-get remove nginx
3 $ cd /path/to/app
4 $ PORT=80 node app  

For the port forwarding regarding ports 80 and 8080, this will be a little different depending on whether you are running tomcat and Apache w/ WHM or just tomcat. There are too many variables to give you a straight answer. In some cases, you can use iptable forwarding. In other cases you can run tomcat on port 80. I would refer you to your server admin for more information.

JessicaP