cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing for cPanel hosting?

what does it cost to add CPanel to our account? I see nothing about pricing.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Pricing for cPanel hosting?

Hi @annoyed113. If you already have a cPanel hosting account, cPanel should be included. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to add cPanel to any other shared hosting plan or site builder. If you have a VPS or Dedicated Server, cPanel should come with our Managed and Fully Managed platforms. If you have a self-managed VPS/Dedicated Server, you would need to purchase/install cPanel on your own. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

thanks, so what do we need to do in order to use cPanel - create a new account then move our domains over? If we did that would we lose the email mx records that point to office365? I can't find them anywhere even though I know they exist. This is why I want cPanel - because it makes sense to me and I've used it for many years.

how can I get support here without phoning? I've never seen a hosting company with only phone support for much of the day. It's almost 1pm here and I've not seen the chat icon yet.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@annoyed113 - If you don't have a cPanel account already, yes, you'd need to purchase one and add your domains to it. Then you can set up email for it. Doing so should not remove your Office 365 MX Records. If it does for some reason, the MX record uses this format: 

yourdomain-com.mail.protection.outlook.com

The example above would be for the domain "yourdomain.com".

As for connecting with support, it sounds like you're already aware of our phone and chat teams. That is the only way to connect with our support team for account specific issues. We do also have support on Twitter/Facebook for issues that don't require account access. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.