cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Public_html files accidentally permanently deleted

Hello, i accidentally permanently deleted the files on my public_html but i have a back and already uploaded using filezilla. The problem is after i upload the full website backup my website still not live and showing forbidden. Is there any one can help me?thanks
14 REPLIES 14
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Public_html files accidentally permanently deleted

@kapampangankupa 

1) I am assuming that you did upload them to the public_html folder and not a different (or sub folder)

2) I am also assuming you are either using the cPanel file manager or FTP so you "shouldn't" have a user permissions issue

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Yes, i upload the zip file of full website backup in public_html and i use the ftp account. But the website still not live and showing forbidden
Super User III
Super User III

@kapampangankupa 

Could you post a screen capture of your file manager as well as what your domain is?

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Screenshot_2019-07-22-16-58-54.pngScreenshot_2019-07-22-16-59-00.png

This is our website kapampangankupagmaragulkuintl.com
Screenshot_2019-07-22-16-59-04.png

Super User III
Super User III

@kapampangankupa 

It looks like you restore your entire account  - into the the public_html directory - I believe if you pull the home folder you will see your user folder and then public_html within that  - if you move all that back to the root of public HTML (and I would move everything else out of public_html ) you should be good to go

Sorry,I didnt get your point. I will move the backup folder in home folder?
Super User III
Super User III

@kapampangankupa 

All of the folders you put into the public_html directory (apache_tls, bandwidth, bandwidth_db, etc......)

these are the backup of the ENTIRE account

Note: When you use the backup function of cPanel - you normally would restore via the backup utility and it would restore the entire system.

You will see you currently have in your public_html folder  - one called homedir, within that you will find kapampanganku and within that you will find public_html.

This is the folder / content that you are trying to restore - everything else that you currently have in the public_html folder can be deleted

Hopefully this helps you out.

Re: Public_html files accidentally permanently deleted/?isc=gdcommment

Hello good day,the backup is located in the public_html
Super User III
Super User III

As I had previously mentioned the only files that you should need to put back into public HTML are the ones that are in that sub folder that I mentioned in the previous reply if you’d like to send another screen capture of that sub folder I can confirm that you have it set correctly

I will delete the files in public_html except for homedir?
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@kapampangankupa 

You need to move the files that are inside /homedir/kapampanganku/public_html  into the root of public_html.

The easiest way to do this is open the subfolder - use the select all option and then you can drag the files to the public_html on the side bar (left)

I already moved the files on public html and deleted,but when i check my site it shows blank and the subdomain still forbidden
Super User III
Super User III

@kapampangankupa 

I just checked kapampangankupagmaragulkuintl.com and www.kapampangankupagmaragulkuintl.com and both gave me a blank page so that is at least better than forbidden...

Can you put up a new screen capture of the file manager - Right now the system seems to be loading a blank index.php file

please see the screen shot of file manager  &  now the site showing like this

website[1].JPG1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG