cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Remote connect to MSSQL from Linux cPanel with PHP

Hi PL281, so I am under the very same scenario. I have a GoDaddy Linux server with PHP 7.2 installed and I would like to hit my SQL Server installed elsewhere.

I went to the PHP Selector screen in cPanel and enabled the pdo_sqlsrv and sqlsrv extensions. Do I have to restart the server? Not sure that is even possible.

Additionally, in cPanel, there is an option called PHP PEAR Packages and within that, there is a module called Structures_DataGrid_DataSource_PDO (0.2.0). Would that also have to be installed? For SQLSRV, there is one called MDB2_Driver_sqlsrv (1.5.0b5) but I'm not sure if that also has to be installed also.

In a Windows server that I'm working with, in the PHP Info screen, I see a section under PDO called pdo_sqlsrv and it is enabled. There is also a section called sqlsrv and it is enabled. I wish I could find the PHP Info screen in my GoDaddy cPanel, but I can't find it. Must be hidden underneath something.

Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@CurtisP 

I've moved your post to a new thread - So when you enable the extensions in cPanel it automatically starts them up.

You would need the PDO extensions on the cPanel server to open the connect 

But you also need to enabled / allow remote connections on the SQL server side of things 

Generally speaking if you are having connection issues, I would check the Windows server to make sure it is configured to allow remote connections.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@CurtisP 

I've moved your post to a new thread - So when you enable the extensions in cPanel it automatically starts them up.

You would need the PDO extensions on the cPanel server to open the connect 

But you also need to enabled / allow remote connections on the SQL server side of things 

Generally speaking if you are having connection issues, I would check the Windows server to make sure it is configured to allow remote connections.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post