cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Resource Limits

Hi,

I created a WordPress site (hosted at GoDaddy) about 6 months ago and have had very few issues and not so many visitors to it.  

I got an email yesterday about reaching my resource limits and I had no idea what that meant.  

All of a sudden today, the site is gone, and access to email is gone.

This is the error when I try to access my website via a web browser:  

"You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

I have now "chatted" with support and they said I either need to upgrade for $150 or clear up some resources, but gave me no help on how to do so.  When I explained to the representative that I couldn't even access the WordPress site to remove plugins or clear up resources, they referred me to hosting support via phone.  Well, I'm expecting a 49 minute hold time, so I thought I'd check in here.

Is this typical?  Shouldn't I have some way to access my WordPress site to delete some plugins and/or clear up space in email, etc?  And when I tried to access my email, it acts like there is no email set up, when I have 3 specific addresses within my domain.  My cPanel is there, some information is there and it does seem to have the wordpress active, but not functioning (I can see a preview of the site within the installatron applications folder).

I have never dealt with a WordPress site through GoDaddy before and I had no idea I could run into these type of problems.

Any help or information would be great!  

Thanks!

Mish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
New

Update:  Hosting tech support reported that our site was hacked which explained all the issues.  

Issue resolved.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
New

Update:  Hosting tech support reported that our site was hacked which explained all the issues.  

Issue resolved.

View solution in original post

Someone help me pls. I have the same issue, i believe my website is hacked. 

@WillDylan,

Sorry to hear that you think your website was hacked! I hope by now that you have this worked out and have gotten help from our customer support team. They can always be reached by finding your local number here. Take care!

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.