Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

SFTP

I am unable to get SFTP to work. I have set up SFTP on numerous hosting services. GoDaddy is the first one that does not work.

I have set SSH Setup to on. And I have copied absolutely correctly the fields in that appear in the dialog box for SSH Setup. And still it does not work. I am using Transmit for Mac. It has worked for hundreds of SFTP connections. Any help would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In my experience finding out what it isn't helps to find out what it is @danielwiener. Contact support and let them know what to have tried and I am sure they can get you connected. There are GoDaddy employees that monitor the Community but I'm not one of them. You can wait here but I think contacting support via phone or chat might be the most direct method.

Sorry that I couldn't help you more. Please come back and let us know how this was resolved once you get sorted. I am sure that your experience will help someone else who may run into this same issue. Thank you in advance.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rd
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

In the past I've had two issues with SFTP connections with GoDaddy @danielwiener so I'll share them here. Using FileZilla it required a more secure password than I had so changing the password to fit the FileZilla format worked. I know if that is the case with Transmit for Mac. Secondly you can Enable SSH for my Linux Hosting account as simple as it sounds. I this is turned off by default? Come back and let us know if that helped?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

I changed the password, using GoDaddy's requirements. And I have enabled SSH. Still no go. It would be nice to able to get help from an employee of GoDaddy. I have never had so much trouble with this in my 25 years of working on websites.

In my experience finding out what it isn't helps to find out what it is @danielwiener. Contact support and let them know what to have tried and I am sure they can get you connected. There are GoDaddy employees that monitor the Community but I'm not one of them. You can wait here but I think contacting support via phone or chat might be the most direct method.

Sorry that I couldn't help you more. Please come back and let us know how this was resolved once you get sorted. I am sure that your experience will help someone else who may run into this same issue. Thank you in advance.

View solution in original post