cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
pubuducg
Skilled

Sharing a image file to the public with Window Hosting Account.

I would like to link images in my image folder as "www.domain_name.com/images/welcome.jpg" to a link in html email. How could I share the image to the public ? (Any one with the link should view the image without authentication) I could not find any sharing option in Plesk Desk admin tool.

I have an economy windows hosting plan. Is this not available there?

My ASP.net backend server is running without any issues.

I spoke with the GoDaddy customer support and no one knows. This should be a fundamental thing in web hosting. I heard that there is a public_html folder in Linux for such public sharing. How could I do that here?

thanks,

Pubudu

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Sharing a image file to the public with Window Hosting Account.

Hi @pubuducg. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! My guess would be that the directory you're sharing images in doesn't have the right permissions to let website visitors access files in it. If you copy the file to the root directory of your site, the image will probably be available. This article explains more about setting directory permissions for Plesk accounts. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
pubuducg
Skilled

Thank you very much for getting back to me. I put the file to the root and still the same response. Also wanted to let you know that I am running ASP.net application at all times. I hope that does not hinder file linking as I wanted.

Following is the error I got. (Always the same)

sharing.png

My root folder is as follows :

root.jpg

I also tried "www.muhyl.com/public/welcome.jpg" : same resource not found message.

My public folder permission is as follows : 

public folder.jpg

Thanks

CP

Community Manager
Community Manager

@pubuducg - With Plesk plans, there's typically a folder named httpdocs which functions as the root directory for the website. It appears this has been removed (which may have contributed to the file permission issues you're seeing). The root directory in your screenshot is the root for the account, which isn't the same. If you look on your Plesk dashboard, you should see what directory is specified as the root for your site. See below for an example.

plesk website root location.jpg

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
pubuducg
Skilled

No, there is such directory.  ASP.net files are in BackEnd folder and ASP.net application is working fine.

PLeskAdmin.png

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

@pubuducg If the /BackEnd directory is the root for your website, try moving the welcome.jpg image there. It should be visible after that.