cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Helper III

Success! message in CPanel will not go away

I set up a new hosting account several weeks ago, and set up my website with wordpress.  Everything is working, and my site is up and running.  What I'm experiencing now is kind of a nuisance, but isn't causing any other issue.

Every time I log in to CPanel, I get this message that says:

Success!

Your cPanel account's up and running. Now build your WordPress website.

To the right of this message is a button that says "Build Website"  and an "X" button.

The "Build Website" button sends me to http://<address>/wp-admin to manage my site, and gets rid of the message for a while.  The "X" button simply closes the message.

Regardless of which button I press, that message will eventually show back up.  My Wordpress site is already set up, so I have no desire to continue seeing that message.  Is there anything I can do to make it go away permanently?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Community Manager

@jvanderb - From what I can see, this is something that appears by default if you have a WordPress installation through Installatron in our cPanel accounts. Clicking the X adds a cookie that says the popup should be closed. If you clear cookies for any reason, that would make the popup appear again. The only way I could see to deal with this (beyond just occasionally clicking X) would be to exclude the banner using CSS. If you have a custom CSS plugin/extension for your browser, you could use that to make sure the banner never appears. If you're interested in doing something like that, the following code should work to hide the banner:

#gl-wpinstall-success {
  visibility:hidden!important;
}

Others may have additional solutions, but that's what I came up with Smiley Happy

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

After some experimentation, I used Greasemonkey to add the CSS to the page.  The CSS you provided works, but it just hides the banner.  The space taken up by the banner remains.  I found that the following CSS actually reclaims the space taken up by the now hidden element:

#gl-wpinstall-success {
  display: none !important;
}

It's not ideal, but it does get rid of the banner.  Thanks for your help!

Here's the complete Greasemonkey script, in case anyone else decides to go this route:

// ==UserScript==
// @name        Hide Success Banner
// @namespace   _redacted_
// @include     https://<<YOUR CPANEL URL>>/*
// @version     1
// @grant       none
// ==/UserScript==
function addGlobalStyle(css) {
    var head, style;
    head = document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0];
    if (!head) { return; }
    style = document.createElement('style');
    style.type = 'text/css';
    style.innerHTML = css;
    head.appendChild(style);
}

addGlobalStyle('#gl-wpinstall-success { display: none !important; }');

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

@jvanderb - From what I can see, this is something that appears by default if you have a WordPress installation through Installatron in our cPanel accounts. Clicking the X adds a cookie that says the popup should be closed. If you clear cookies for any reason, that would make the popup appear again. The only way I could see to deal with this (beyond just occasionally clicking X) would be to exclude the banner using CSS. If you have a custom CSS plugin/extension for your browser, you could use that to make sure the banner never appears. If you're interested in doing something like that, the following code should work to hide the banner:

#gl-wpinstall-success {
  visibility:hidden!important;
}

Others may have additional solutions, but that's what I came up with Smiley Happy

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

After some experimentation, I used Greasemonkey to add the CSS to the page.  The CSS you provided works, but it just hides the banner.  The space taken up by the banner remains.  I found that the following CSS actually reclaims the space taken up by the now hidden element:

#gl-wpinstall-success {
  display: none !important;
}

It's not ideal, but it does get rid of the banner.  Thanks for your help!

Here's the complete Greasemonkey script, in case anyone else decides to go this route:

// ==UserScript==
// @name        Hide Success Banner
// @namespace   _redacted_
// @include     https://<<YOUR CPANEL URL>>/*
// @version     1
// @grant       none
// ==/UserScript==
function addGlobalStyle(css) {
    var head, style;
    head = document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0];
    if (!head) { return; }
    style = document.createElement('style');