Go to solution
Highlighted

Switch from linux hosting to windows

i want to change my operation system "Linux Host" to windows host 

Regards,
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Switch from linux hosting to windows

Salam Alekom Ahmed ,

you can go to ttps://account.godaddy.com/billing.

then check Linux host Plan --> choose "Cancel Products"

then go to back to your home -->my product add new windows plan

PS:: Linux hosting plan is the same Price as Windows Plan = 47.88E 

Check with support for any help.

Regards,

M.Elfateh

Regards,

How to change from Linux to Windows

I made web hosting today 24/10/2016, 

but I want to change hosting from Linux to windows 

Changing from cPanel to Plesk

My current plan is Linux hosting with cPanel and is there a way to change from cPanel to Plesk. My domain registration and hosting is due for renewal in a few days.

Solution

Re: How to change from Linux to Windows

Hi @ibnkhldon,

To change your hosting platform you will need to cancel the existing hosting plan and purchase a new Plesk Windows plan.

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Re: Changing from cPanel to Plesk

Hi @delvinvarghese,

I moved your post to this already existing thread regarding the same topic. Please refer to my answer.

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

thank you

New

Switch from linux hosting to windows

I need all steps to Switch from linux hosting to windows

What happens to the emails/email accounts that were setup?  Would those migrate to the new plan?  I would hate to have to export all of those accounts and restart them on the new plan.

Thanks.

Sean

could you kindly tell me the steps to cancel the existing Linux  hosting plan in order to change it into windows plan ...

I  have a Linux plan and I want to change it into windows plan, but I don't Know how to do that ?
Regards. 

Dear My friend does this cost me charges if I change from linux to windows same price plane --- I did purchase the plan today

Re: Switch from linux hosting to windows

Please advise does this charge my account again? 

How Transfer Godaddy linux website to godaddy windows server ,which already running with few domains

How Transfer Godaddy linux website to godaddy windows server ,which already running with few domains

i used both linux and windows hosting in same account

New

change control panel Windows Hosting (Plesk) to Linux Hosting (cPanel)

Hello technical support Godaddy
Please Help .
I am new in web design occurred in the selection of mis Control System and Windows Server System and I want to go back to  linux 

ban

Switch from Windows Hosting to Linux Hosting

I am in need of TLS 1.2 support in OpenSSL 1.01.  The current GoDaddy Windows hosting environment does not provide this and so I am contemplating switching to the Linux hosting platform (same cost) as I understand that environment provides the proper level of OpenSSL that I need to communicate with PayPal.

If I change my hosting plan from Windows to Linux,  does GoDaddy copy my website files from Windows to Linux for me or do I simply get an empty Linux environment and it's up to me to re-set up my website there.

Thanks.

New

Hi KayJay,

According to your solution, it looks like I need close down existing account and buy a new one in order to switch from Linux hosting to windows. I got Godaddy support page as below:

https://au.godaddy.com/help/switching-your-hosting-account-operating-system-1285

According to above guide, it should be free and easy way to switch it. However, when I reach "Plan" menu I cannot see any options for Windows but only Linux hosting. So could you please clarify my question: without cancel existing account and buy a new account, can I switch the hosting operation system by following the URL above?

Thanks

New

Re: how to change window to linux hosting

i hosting today 11/07/2017 but by misteke from i how to change window to linux please help me 

Re: Switch from Windows Hosting to Linux Hosting

I'm having the same issue. It will not copy your files over. I'm just going to redo mine. I have all my files offline. I also found the windows environment very slow. So hopefully Linux will speed it up and give me SSL support for paypal. You can't even RDP on their windows server so it's pointless to have windows.