cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

This Site Can’t Be Reached !

Hello guys,

I have problems with my primary domain name. After I moved on the new webhost I cannot access the primary domain name. I get the following error : 

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at http://zumset.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED

Sometimes I can access if from my smartphone but after that I get the error again. I have tried to add a new primary domain name and add zumset.com again but that did not solved the problem. I have contacted the guys from GoDaddy Livechat but they did not solved the problem. Last time said that they opened a ticket but there are 3 days and I did not got a response. Can someone please check my account settings, DNS, SSL, Premium DNS, I don't know everything and solve this problem. I have other domains like : www.filmaricudrona.com and 9gags.tv that are hosted on the same webhost and are working without any problem. 

I don't know what else should I do, my website is down for 2 weeks, I have contacted the Livechat chat from Godaddy 4-5 times and they say everything is ok with my account. I have also check my domain here : https://www.uptrends.com/tools/uptime and it seams that is not available on all servers on different countries, might be the DNS from godaddy blocked by some ISP?

I lost lots of clients because this downtime and if this problem is not solved until Monday I have to ask Godaddy refund my money and search for another webhost provider.

Hope we can find a solution for this ASAP.

Regards,
Livio
11 REPLIES 11
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Re: [URGENT] This Site Can’t Be Reached !

@Zumset

Site is pulling fine now -- seems you resolved the situation?  Can you share with the Community what happened in case this happesn to others?

Thanks! 😉

Judith
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

New

@Muse Same thing till now, can you check on  https://www.uptrends.com/tools/uptime if the website is available for all servers ?

Super User II

@Zumset

I can only speak to what I can see and I see your site just fine here in the middle of the USA.   

I ran your domain and IP through MXToolbox and you are not blacklisted for either. 

You would need to contact GoDaddy support to find out if they have any idea what is going on globally or for any possible issues based on what UpTrends is reporting.

Sorry, I can't help with this one... 😉

Judith
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

This site can’t be reached

I am fedup with the godaddy services because each time my client and many of their customers reports

This Site Can’t Be Reached

With the below screenshot Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 12.15.01 AM.png

When i reports the issue to godaddy they tells us to check intranetwork connectivity. FYI our chrome browser is latest,and there is no issue with our internet connection we use public network except ececureproperty.com i am able to load each and every website on our browser.

Re: This site can’t be reached

Hey @Esecureproperty,

Currently seeing the site resolving without any issue from my end. I've also run some additional checks through external services like Host-Tracker; which results I've linked, showing no issue connecting to live content.

If you or your clients are still seeing an issue, there's likely another issue preventing the access outside of our network control. You might check local anti-virus or firewall applications you have running to be sure they're configured to allow unfiltered access to your sites. 

Perhaps some other members of the community could offer some additional insight? 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
New

I transferred my domain a new host and now my domain is down with the existing domains on this new host. Please i need urgent help

Super User II

@Qwaku

You will want to be sure that your domain record / DNS name servers match those which your new host provides.  Your new host should provide the name servers that you need to add to your domain record (and remove the old host names servers too).

Without more details that's all I can recommend...

HTH! 😉

Judith

Same issue. GoDaddy said it was an ISP issue though tracert points to GoDaddy servers not responding.

Hey @baahtweet

Would you be willing to share a copy of recent trace results where you're still seeing an issue? Perhaps other members familiar with how to review these results can offer more insights or suggestions on how you may be able to fix this.

Site is down again. Was up for 2 days. Down again -- 5th time. Yes, I am online. Yes, it happens in Chrome, Firefox and Explorer. No, I have no trouble getting to any other sites. No, it is not a firewall issue.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>tracert *removed for privacy*

Tracing route to *removed for privacy*
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 3 ms 1 ms 1 ms Wireless_Broadband_Router.home *removed for privacy*
2 6 ms 7 ms 7 ms lo0-100.BLTMMD-VFTTP-314.verizon-gni.net [71.179
.30.1]
3 11 ms 9 ms 10 ms B3314.BLTMMD-LCR-21.verizon-gni.net [130.81.171.
168]
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 11 ms 11 ms 11 ms 0.et-5-1-0.BR2.IAD8.ALTER.NET [140.222.239.85]
7 12 ms 12 ms 12 ms ae17.edge1.washingtondc12.level3.net [4.68.62.13
7]
8 * 11 ms 15 ms ae-2-4.bear2.Washington111.Level3.net [4.69.210.
170]
9 12 ms 12 ms 13 ms 4.14.98.38
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * 11 ms * ip-184-168-6-93.ip.secureserver.net [184.168.6.9
3]
12 * * 13 ms ip-184-168-6-92.ip.secureserver.net [184.168.6.9
2]
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 12 ms 12 ms 12 ms ip-198-71-233-141.ip.secureserver.net [198.71.23
3.141]

Trace complete.

Hey @baahtweet,

When you encounter the downtime, have you tried accessing the site from another network or ISP if possible? You might also try from a free proxy service you can find within your preferred search engine results.

The reason I ask is cause your trace results are indicating 2-3 timeout hops within your ISP network before reaching our own on hop 11 (it's possible 10 might be one of our external firewalls which would be configured not to respond). The more concerning of the hops are 4 and 5 as those are definitely outside of our network control. Any other timeouts reporting after the first internal server on our end is configured to not respond back but still allow the connection through till it reaches it's destination server.

Unless other networks/ISP/Proxy services are encountering the same issues at the same time, we have to assume the issue is with the local ISP as indicated in these current results as hop 4 and 5 could either be firewalls or failing servers that are causing a session timeout when trying to connect to your site on our end. If that is the case, only the ISP can reconfigure the servers to either allow the connection through uninterrupted or reroute the hops to take another path to our network.