cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Trouble with CPanel setup in Linux Hosting

Hi everyone

We're having trouble setting up the Cpanel account on our newly purchased linux hosting with GoDaddy. We go through the setup process for Cpanel and it gives us a success message saying that I should receive an email with further instructions. But no email ever comes through and the hosting page still shows "setup your Cpanel" as the only option.

We recently transferred our existing domain from another GoDaddy account to this account since the CPanel could not be set up without selecting a domain first. Maybe that transfer caused the issue? Maybe some configuration error?

Any thoughts would be welcome!
28 REPLIES 28

Re: CPanel setup

Having the same problem, but with a domain transferred from another registrar. It's been a day and a half since I first went through the setup process.

New

Re: CPanel setup

I'm having the same problem. I'm going round in circles trying to get it set up. It just keeps saying you will receive an email with cPanel login instructions soon.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Trouble with CPanel setup in Linux Hosting

Hi @danishjk@ls5, and @justinrebert. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

I know that there were issues affecting some cPanel servers on Sunday. That may have been why you were all having trouble setting up your account. Hopefully your accounts have set up by now. If not, I'd recommend checking on the progress in the hosting gateway. You may just need to try setting up again. If the account shows it is still pending in the gateway, I'd recommend getting in contact with our support team so they can make sure nothing is stuck on our end. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

Hi Jesse,

No, I've checked it again, and I am still getting the same result.

This is extremely frustrating!!

Leigh

I have the same problem too, my website is running but I can't manage it through cpanel it is not exist in there, I just get this Set up your cPanel account now.

Hey @ls5@Tarta_Rikker,

As Jesse mentioned before, you should both try our live support so our hosting team can help investigate further. If there was something that occurred on the back end during setup of your accounts, only our hosting team would be able to investigate and correct the matter directly. 

Let us know what they find. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

The problem with help for the cPanel is that godaddy now charges $100 per website to make the transfer for you. They used to do things for you; now there are charges.

I am not able to find my login of cPanel. When I click on "manage" it redirects me to wp-admin; which is not my aim.

From where I should find the cPanel details?

My company wants results and I am not able to do it.

Although I am outside of US; so making an international call for support is always not feasible. 

New

c panel admin + password set-up done. but the next button is greyed out

hi im new to godaddy and i also have this problem, please let me know if you found a solution

same problem here.

please help

Employee
Employee

@bibasch @humperz @bkoon 

Hi folks! Thank you for posting. Because this is an issue where something within our interface is not working as it should be, you would need to reach out to our support team so they can get this working properly for you. The community forum is not a method for accessing GoDaddy Support. Thank you for understanding!

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
New

Same problem here, no help or support as stated before we purchased. Cant even find cpanel manage

Same problem for me. bit my domain is pointing to another host in Godaddy.

Please Help me?

Unable to set up c-panel

I transfer my domain to godaddy, and i purchased deluxe linux hosting plan. My domain is already transferred to godaddy but i cannot set up a cpanel hosting with my transferred domain. 

For setup cpanel have done all the steps that is go to hosting>click Manage.>Complete the on-screen fields>Finish

The i got the message finished.

But if i back to the hosting section i cannot see the created cpanel hosting, still asking for create new cpanel, nothing to see other than this.

The result is my domain has not connected with hosting.

I talk with live chat support section but they did not help me to solve this issue. Now my domain is not working, because my hosting  with old registrar has expired.

Please help me to fix this.

can't setup new hosting

can't setup new hosting for my domain ?!

we are in Arp 2017 and the problem is still exists!! The chat support is offline and no one answering us!!

What a bad service !!!!!

Hello Everyone,
I have some Error with my Linux Hosting.

"This Site Can’t Be Reached
tochucsukienav.com’s server DNS address could not be found.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN"

I bought the domain from another provider and used godady's hosting.
I don't know how to resolve this error.
I look forward to your help.
Thanks so much.

New

Had this same issue. Finally ended up following another's advice and cancelled site builder(even though i wasn't even using it with the domain in question.) Was granted instant cPanel access and got "the"

e-mail immediately after. I'm just glad i was just using the trial month on the site builder. Hope this helps.

New

7/31/2017  Same problem - same run around  - I call support they say oh the problem is that this needs to be changed - I make changes and run through the set up which ends with the annoying animation that ends with a promise that I will get and email soon!

5 calls to support from me - and a few from the guy who originally registered the domain and set it up to use website builder (omg that one should never be sold) anyway - I wanted cpanel to install wordpress and the poor gut did not want any responsibility for the site or domain anymore - he was originally just doing a favor for a friend - as this is for a nonprofit site. So I plunk in my creditcard - pay for another year of domain reg and hosting and cpanel and email.. Site has been ofline now for DAYS - I cannot get ANYTHING working. I am registered owner, admin and tech contact on the domain. They tell me the former owner still has services turned on... they tell him that I can change it... NEITHER of us CAN!Woman Mad

When I am not banging my head on my keyboard - I like the internet.

I'm also having the same problem. I've tried setting up several times, same result, getting terribly fed up now.

I am fed up with GO DADDY they don't give a damm where is the customer service there more interested in selling new things to you than solving your problem that they create !! Been waiting over 3 days and they keep saying DNS has to propagate The chat is useless always different people on there. Best thing I tink is to cancel and get money back !!!!!!!!!!

@g47e54a wrote:
I'm also having the same problem. I've tried setting up several times, same result, getting terribly fed up now.

Hello @Misterboo, @cov and @g47e54a,

I am sorry to hear that you'll are have issues setting up your hosting. Hopefully your accounts are set up by now. If not, I'd recommend checking out you status on hosting gateway. Please also feel free to contact our support team.

DDJ

I got message it's done and to wait for email. No email. Still says ''set up'' option for hosting?

Any solution?

I have same problem, every time success message after process but nothing happen Smiley Sad

New

heather, the reason people are in here is because they are not getting help from support. I came in here looking for help because your chat support is offline. I am in Australia and have sent hours trying to set up my webpage (which your site boasts takes less than an hour. and it still wont complete simple tasks like editing a photo. So rather than telling frustrated customers they need to go to a support team that isn't there try making a system that works. This isn't supposed to be rocket science!

I have purchased a domain earlier and didnt have hosting so i got that but cant seem to setup the hosting site. i am nearly fedup of godaddy doing these and there is no way of contacting the technical s called 24x7 team. some one pls tell me what shud be done .. after spending hours and here from where i am 100$ is a lot of money for us. and this is how we get serviced.

New

SAME ISSUE HERE
I transferred a domain from a Godaddy to Godaddy Account with the intention to renew the domain and buy higher hosting plan. I can't still setup my hosting successfully not to talk of setting up emails or other task. My company email and website is currently stocked right now because of godaddy.

I have sent several mail but nothing is been attended to and I can't get through any contact.
ANYONE OUT THERE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!