cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install Moodle 3.3+ (Build: 20170601)

I have subscription to Godaddy's ultimate hosting, tier-3. I am installing Moodle 3.3+ (Build: 20170601). The installation stops with an error -  unsupported_db_table_row_format

The reason is the database has tables using Antelope as the file format. I need to convert the tables to the Barracuda file format.

The following SQL statements will do that. Bu the sql statements need to be executed SUPER privilege. What should I do?

USE i1012144_mood1;
SET SESSION sql_mode=STRICT_ALL_TABLES;
SET GLOBAL innodb_file_per_table=1;
SET GLOBAL innodb_file_format=Barracuda;
ALTER TABLE mood_data ROW_FORMAT=Compressed;
ALTER TABLE mood_data_fields ROW_FORMAT=Compressed;
ALTER TABLE mood_enrol_lti_lti2_consumer ROW_FORMAT=Compressed;
ALTER TABLE mood_enrol_paypal ROW_FORMAT=Compressed;
ALTER TABLE mood_lti ROW_FORMAT=Compressed;
ALTER TABLE mood_user ROW_FORMAT=Compressed;
ALTER TABLE mood_user_info_field ROW_FORMAT=Compressed;

Any sort of help is appreciated. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
New

Re: Unable to install Moodle 3.3+ (Build: 20170601)

I have the same problem on a new Deluxe hosting with cPanel. I dropped back to Moodle 2.7 which installed without problems. I will test other versions between 2.7 and 3.3 to see which work. In the past GoDaddy has been slow on supporting recent Moodle releases so I have always kept my Moodle a longer and upgraded when GoDaddy catches up. A VPS would allow you to control your MySQL and fix these problems.

New

Here are the errors that I received with Moodle 3.3.1.

Other checks Information Report Plugin Status

mysql_full_unicode_support#File_format

Your database has tables using Antelope as the file format. Full UTF-8 support in MySQL and MariaDB requires the Barracuda file format. Please convert the tables to the Barracuda file format. See the documentation Administration via command line for details of a tool for converting InnoDB tables to Barracuda.

Check
mysql_full_unicode_support#Large_prefix

For full support of UTF-8 both MySQL and MariaDB require you to change your MySQL setting 'innodb_large_prefix' to 'ON'. See the documentation for further details.

Check
site not https

It has been detected that your site is not secured using HTTPS. It is strongly recommended to migrate your site to HTTPS for increased security and improved integration with other systems.

Check
You must solve all the environmental problems (errors) found above before proceeding to install this Moodle version!
New

Moodle 2.9.9 installs fine on deluxe hosting with cPanel.

New

Moodle 3.0.9 installs fine on deluxe hosting with cPanel

New

Why pay for "Deluxe" hosting to host an older version of Moodle. GoDaddy sucks. I tried to install this morning and had the MySQL Barracuda issue on their basic shared hosting. I di d not have one issue on Bluehost. I have several host accounts with different companies and after my experience today with GoDaddy I will be cancelling my account with them and pointing my domain name to another hosting company's server. VERY disappointed in GoDaddy. I wasted 2 hours this morning and spoke with a tech support technician (after waiting 30 mins) who sound like he was either in high school or just graduated HS. This is pathetic. So I can pay $4.00 per month for Bluehost or Hostgator and install and run Moodle LMS with ZERO problems for 300 user? Yet I cannot even install Moodle on GoDaddy (which is supposed to be a better host). I am done with GoDaddy! I am also checking out the Moodle partners lit to see other hosting options but NEVER will I use GoDaddy again.