cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Novice

Updating issues, 403/404 errors

So...I was having trouble getting my html/css files to update online and now I have a 403 Forbidden error/404 not found error depending on which page of my website I visit.

Originally, the files were just not updating online. After I tried doing the comparing local files with the remote server, uploading new ones and deleting server files not stored locally through Dreamweaver to try and fix the problem I can't even view the site and get the 403/404 errors. I am using cPanel and it seems that the files are uploading there just fine.

I did get a new computer so I am wondering if I forgot a step or messed up somehow in setting things up? I don't see how it could be the file names as the only thing different about the local files is that they are on a new computer as I copied the whole folder directly from my old computer.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks! Smiley Happy

2 REPLIES

Re: Updating issues, 403/404 errors

Hello @2114!

Thank you for posting. A 403 forbidden error usually means permissions need fixed and a 404 means content can't be found. Both could be related. I'd start by reviewing the permissions on the files you recently uploaded. If you're still having trouble after that, reach out to our support folks and have them review with you. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Novice
Solution

Re: Updating issues, 403/404 errors

It turned out that when I transferred my files to my new computer I added an extra folder that wasn't there before which messed things up.