cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Helper I
Helper I

Upgrading since I/O and physical memory usage maxed

Okay,  just like everyone is saying, my memory usage and I/O is maxed.

First of all, can someone please explain to me what these are and what their role plays on my sites?

Second, I just upgraded to ultimate linux hosting w/cpanel and I'm still maxing out. lol Will upgrading to maximum linux hosting solve this problem?

Third, I wonder if there are special add-ons I can buy instead to take care of this issue because I'm trying to save money since I'm a college student. lol 

Like for example here at the bottom, it says that there's web-hosting add-on resources. What does that mean?

2.pngI should have called Godaddy instead but I'm really busy and this is faster for me. lol 

2 REPLIES 2
Helper I
Helper I

Noob question about shared hosting limits

I'm on the Ultimate linux hosting and I was wondering if someone can explain these resources for me? 

1.png

I numbered them to make it easy to address each one. 

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Upgrading since I/O and physical memory usage maxed

Hi @aafable. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! Please take a look at this article for information on what each of the resources is and how it can affect your site. This should also address the question from your second post (merged below). 

For your second question, upgrading may address your issue, but it would be best to first identify what is causing the resources to be so high. If you can reduce that, then you might not need to upgrade. Unfortunately, there isn't a guide to determining this. You'll need to educate yourself on how your website is built and how it's using resources. However, if you have a WordPress site, installing a caching plugin is a good first step. 

For your third question, yes you can upgrade just your resources instead of upgrading the cPanel plan. That is what you would be doing if you used the dialogue box in your screenshot. You can also do it by following the steps in this article

I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.