cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Uploaded html but page does not load

Hi guys,

This is my very first attempt at making a website and I am having trouble getting it going. I purchased hosting and got the domain name.

I uploaded my index.html to my public_html directory and it persists on opening the home.html file provided which is the coming soon web page. I have even tried editing their original home.html file in the html editor and I save it but it still shows the same page.

I am really confused, any and all help would be much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Uploaded html but page does not load

Hi @n0stalg1a. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! If you have an index file, it should supersede the home.html file. I would make sure that you use lowercase letters in your file name. The file index.html will load but Index.html won't.

If that's not part of the problem, then I'd suggest making sure the domain is pointed toward the hosting account with it's DNS. You will want to check its A Record to make sure it points to the IP address of your hosting account

Hope that helps. If not, feel free to provide more information. Others in the community may be able to provide you with additional suggestions.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.