cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Very High Server Response Time

I am using GoDaddy hosting for my WordPress site. But the server response time is very slow. I check my site with google speed test tool and It showed the server response time is 2.8 seconds!!!! Is it the real server response time of GoDaddy hosting?? What is the real problem?? Can anyone suggest me what to do??? 

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Very High Server Response Time

Hi @Mohiuddin. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! The server response time statistic can sometimes be a bit deceptive depending on what you're looking at.  A longer than normal response time can mean that there is an issue on the server but that's not necessarily always the case. Since WordPress runs on mostly PHP (which is a server side script) the test might just be seeing the time it takes for all of the PHP scripts to run before there is a response. If that's the case, it's the content itself that is the issue, not the server. 

My suggestion would be to try adding a caching plugin to your WordPress install. I'm partial to Cache Enabler, but there are many others. If adding a caching plugin doesn't help, then I'd suggest getting in touch with our customer care team so they can take a closer look. Hope that helps!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.