cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website content lost after migration

I was talked into migrating from Linuxto C-Panel by an effective salesman with Godaddy. During the process, one of my active domains was lost. After spending over $600 with Godaddy, they gave me back the last $113 spent with no further offer of compensation for work lost. First time I've been unhappy with Godaddy in 7 years, with 21 domain names and many others talked into Godaddy service. Not a happy customer. I'd write customer service, but I don't see and email address, and I am not spending more hours on the phone with them.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Website content lost after migration

Greetings @Yellowjacket  ,

I'm sorry to hear of this experience, it is not the norm as you know from the experience base that you quoted.

While I do not have access to the background of this, I can respond to a part of your inquiry. 

For all support options (chat, phone...), please refer to the homepage where you log in or support.godaddy.com

However, in most cases there is not a direct email address for general support. There are some specialty email addresses for transfers and account (access) recovery, but they do not provide general support in those forums.

I hope that helps (some),

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Re: Website content lost after migration

Well, it would have been helpful if I had a way of dealing directly with someone who would tell me “tough luck” or “I’ll help.” The passive aggressive way that it’s been handled so far, from techs who say “I can refund what you spent on the migration today” without letting me be in touch with someone who could say, “That really sucks. You have 21 domains registered with us, have spent thousands, and we want to mitigate this loss as best we can,” is pretty unsatisfying.

Apparently you are another very nice person who has just told me I can’t write to anyone who matters. Chat? Phone? I have spent probably 8 hours on the phone over this. On hold. Bad advice. No answers. No. More. Phone. Non-support.

Erik Dolson
P.O. Box 1450
Sisters, Oregon 97759
erikdolson.com