Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website will not reflect any initial changes

So, I purchased my domain last night and today I'm trying to get it to display a simple html page, that way I know things are working as they should... But, of course things are not working as they should..

So here's what I've done so far:
I've uploaded an index.html file that contains some basic code.. I then uploaded that file to the cPanel's file manager public_html folder so it looks like this below:

When I then navigate to my website on firefox mozilla private mode (joshlikestocode.com) it is a blank white screen. No changes are reflected. I also noticed that in the cPanel dashboard I have a red exclamation above my website which reports the following:
The certificate has the following errors: Certificate #1

(CN=joshlikestocode.com) has 1 validation error:
DEPTH_ZERO_SELF_SIGNED_CERT.

I don't know if this related but I figured I would include it here.. Does anyone know of a step-by-step guide that shows how one would go about setting up their initial website using their own html/css/php/etc? All the youtube videos I've seen made it look as easy as dragging and dropping files into public_html on file manager but that does not seem to work for me. I can get things to run perfectly fine on my own localhost server using apache2 but not on go daddy. What am I missing here? Thanks for any help with this!

edit: I solved it by changing the "@" in the DNS Management.

1 REPLY 1
TLH

Hi @JoshLikesToCode,

Welcome to the Community!

Glad to hear you got it worked out. The site is coming up well with the domain name. It sounds like you successfully updated the A Record in the DNS and are ready to continue. Keep in mind that all changes to the domain's DNS record can take 24-48 hours to resolve.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us