cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Helper II

What's the direct link to cPanel when already logged in?

If I go to my cPanel (e.g. https://cpanel.example.com), it asks me to log in.

Every time.

Even if I logged in just a few seconds ago.

To go back to the logged in cPanel without signing in, I have to bookmark the page (e.g. https://cpanel.example.com/cpsess0123456789/frontend/paper_lantern/). That bookmark works.

But.

The bookmark lasts only a couple of days, after which it no longer works (the number in the URL changes). So, I have to log in again; delete the old bookmark; and save the new bookmark.

Every time I have to log in, I have to delete the old bookmark and save the new bookmark. It's a bit tiresome!

What is the direct link to the logged in cPanel so that I can bookmark it just the once, and not have to replace the bookmark every time I have to log in?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So, in other words, there is no such link.

Thanks for letting me know.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Super User IV

@PaddyLandau 

What I would recommend is going to yourdomain.com/cpanel and then bookmark the resulting link. You don't want to bookmark the internal cPanel link as that includes a session variable (the cpsess####) the session variable changes. So you really need to bookmark the login page and then save your id / password in your browser / password manager.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Thanks for the reply, @PL281.

I have tried as you suggest, but unfortunately, after logging in, the resulting link was similar, using a unique number in the URL.

Old style: https://cpanel.example.com/cpsess0123456789/frontend/paper_lantern/

New style: https://www.example.com:2083/cpsess0246813579/frontend/paper_lantern/

If you meant the result login link, which was https://example.com:2083/, that also always goes to the login screen.

So that hasn't helped 🙁

@PaddyLandau 

This is the link you should bookmark https://example.com:2083

You should NOT bookmark the "internal" cPanel link - as I said the links with cpsess#### will change - it can also change as you click through cPanel - this is a session variable, the session length varies depending on what you are doing, but is typically from a few minutes to a few hours at most that is why your bookmark keeps breaking

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

@PL281 , as I said in my previous post, that link always takes me to the login screen, even if I've just logged in via that link.

@PaddyLandau 

I think we are saying the same thing...

You are saying that the link you have bookmarked which has the cpsess#### in the URL it keeps sending you back to the login page even if you just logged in.

That is 100% correct - You CANNOT bookmark anything with the cpsess#### in the URL as this URL is only valid for a short period of time and is tied to when you logged in.

That cpsess is sort of like a "timestamp" that is earlier than your current login which is why it kicks you back to the login as it says the timestamp has expired

@PL281 Yes, we are saying the same thing there. But the other link that you suggested, the one without the timestamp, also doesn't work.

The point of my original question is to ask, "What link does work?" That's what I'm trying to find out.

@PaddyLandau 

The only link that will work is either cpanel.yourdomain.com OR yourdomain.com/cpanel

Which should both forward to the same login page yourdomain.com:2083 

That is the only link you should bookmark - Once you login, you should only use the links within cPanel not a bookmark as otherwise you will have to login again.

So, in other words, there is no such link.

Thanks for letting me know.

View solution in original post

There is no link, that number is your token for the cPanel and when you click on the cPanel logo, for example, it routes to index.html, then that is recalculated to the cpsessXXXXX on the fly to take you back to the main page.

You can always click on the cPanel logo to go back to the main control panel, however.

@SporadicThought wrote:

You can always click on the cPanel logo to go back to the main control panel

@SporadicThought , thanks, but unfortunately that cPanel logo also contains the timestamp, so that's not a suitable source for a link.

Hey @PaddyLandau. Just wanted to chime in on your question. I tested this and agree that there isn't a way to create a bookmark that will bring you directly to cPanel without making you log in. The notice that I get when duplicating this is "The security token is missing from your request." This, to me, suggests that cPanel has intentionally made this a security feature. The cpsess likely is shorthand for cPanel session. This is generated every time you log in. I know it's maybe a bit of a pain, but it's for the safety of your server. If you want to make it a bit easier, my suggestion would be to try using a tool like Lastpass or 1Password to save your login. Anyway, my 2¢. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.