cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your site is displaying your PHP version in the HTTP headers. How can i set expose_php = Off

Ran my site through https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/ and whittled down the couple issues it detected, but the only thing i have left is

Your site is displaying your PHP version in the HTTP headers.

Set expose_php = Off in your php.ini file.

I have no php.ini file anywhere on my site/server under File Manager in CPanel.

what am i missing? is there an option i can change this under? PHPMyAdmin? Set PHP Version?

HAAAAAAAAAAAALP! thanks Smiley Happy

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Your site is displaying your PHP version in the HTTP headers. How can i set expose_php = Off

Hi @Mr_Robot. If you don't have a PHP initialization file, you can simply add one in your File Manager or create one on your computer and upload it via FTP. Take a look at this article for information on what the file should be named. Typically with a cPanel account, you should name it .user.ini. However, if that doesn't work, php.ini files are also permitted. If you use a php.ini file, all PHP processes must be ended before changes will take effect. The only way to end all PHP processes currently is to change your PHP version. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.