cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

cPanel - Issue logging in through browser

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.mydomainname.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

2 days ago and no support !!
Please I would like to resolve this issue ASAP
Thank You
41 REPLIES 41

Re: cPanel - Issue logging in through browser

Hi @monsterservice

Have you tried to login to your cPanel account using a different browser? Or I would suggest clearing your browser's cache/cookies and attempt to access your hosting account again. If that does not resolve the issue please reach out to our support team

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

After automatic renenwal of my linux hosting plan, each time I try to login to cpanel i always get "Your IP address has changed. Please login again".

Sometimes, I get to login. I have read that on other hosting website, if you change the Cookie IP Validation under the security settings from "Strict" to "Loose" it'll stop bringing that message.

However, I can't access any of my options under the Security tab because it denies me and ask for a login again. It keeps asking for a login. Now, my plan has wastetd for over half a month. And If I cannot get any help here, I will never host on godaddy again.

Hello,

Probably a stupid question but have you maybe tried using private browsing mode on your browser?

A different thing to try is installing a browser extension called Web Developer, after it's installed go to that login page. Click the Web Developer icon, click Cookies, then click Delete Domain Cookies.

New

Anytime i try to login to my cpanel in my home internet, I get message that IP HAS CHANGE. because i can easily login in my office.

Greetings @Bash, I don't know much about this but folks that log in from different places or have lag in their connections report this works...

Follow this path to the settings:
-Server Configuration
-Tweak Settings
-Security
-Cookie IP Validation

Then change the setting to "loose" or disable it completely.
Disable proxy domains
Click "Save"

I hope this helps,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

well same error here am not able to login since long time

This couldn't solve the problem. Any other way?

I can't login to my cpanel, I get error message "IP address has changed, login again" . I try to login again but same error. How do I overcome this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @couplars,

are you trying to log in from a ftp client, or directly from godaddy main site?

from godaddy main site. Actually i was working on my site but then i logged cpanel from another device. since then, i have not been able to log in. at times it logs in and immediately log out.

also when i used cpanel.mydomain.com, it logged in but logs out as well

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhhhhhhhh... Smiley Happy

There probably lies your problem. Godaddy doesn't like multi logins to the same account (I mean that would look dodgy wouldn't it? Like two people logged into your Facebook account!!).

Your 'other device' wants to now automatically login. Your 'rogue' other device needs sorting out!

Hi guys,

Whenever I try to access cPanel from cpanel.mydomain.com or my webmail from webmail.mydomain.com, I get an error that my connection is not private - ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

It seems this is related to the url being displayed as mine, yet the page comes from .prod.ams1.secureserver.net. Can anyone help me sort this?

Hi,

I was wondering what is my WHM password? I don't remember setting it nor has it been emailed to me. It also does not appear to be the same as the Cpanel password. It also doesn't seem like I can reset it without login in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

every time i login to my capnel i get this error "Your IP address has changed. Please log in again" and log out automatically how to fix this 

My websites are still up and going, however, when I log into GoDaddy and click on Hosting accounts I get a huge error that states 'cPanel accounts could not be retrieved'. Anyone know what the problem is and how long it's supposed to last? I need to upload & test a new website.

The best way to bypass the issue of your IP address changing is to access the website using a VPN. Head over to https://accounts.surfeasy.com/register/NZS4T3ZGLT and create an account. Once account is created, download the app for your OS, install and login using the app.

The tray icon will turn blue and when you click on it, it will tell you the IP that has been assigned to you.

You get free 600MB data through the VPN but if you follow their reward program, you can get more data (Up to 2,000MB I believe).

I have recently taken over the design of a website, and I'm trying to find out where the cPanel is located. The websites domain name and hosting is through GoDaddy, so how do I access the cPanel?  I have explored all over GoDaddy and can see many things to do with the website (list of email addresses, data usage, receipts for past purchases) but no management options that I think should be in cPanel.

Helper VI Helper VI
Helper VI

@Genevieve333

cPanel comes with certain hosting.  If you have hosting, try going there... If you have managed hosting or do not have hosting at all... you're out of luck

~Jan Mykhail Hasselbring Web Administrator @ fullstackwebsolution.com

Hey goDaddy help desk, my problem was never solved. I can't create new cPanel acc because of bugs on your new cpanel was never fixed. I made a video to show you that i am not an idiot and your page is working really bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvkRP8ZxDng&feature=youtu.be

I've seen dozens of people experience this error, although having tried everything from new browser, format, different PC's - even trying to create cpanel login with mobile phone.

I've tried everything, but for some reason cPanel will not recognize my username as 'unique' no matter what the username is. I've tried using the random password generator too. After I type in an extremely unique password, the site takes me back to the option screen of choosing a region.

It's been days. For some, weeks. I paid good money for this service. Fix it.

What is the solution to this error? It's an error on the site-side, not our side.

I said that I couldn't CREATE a login, not that I could not login. There are like four different cpanel errors in this post, none of them solved, yet the post is marked 'solved' so now i'll never get this fixed.

thanks for moving my post to the worst place it could be.

@charminglygeeky wrote:

Hi @monsterservice

Have you tried to login to your cPanel account using a different browser? Or I would suggest clearing your browser's cache/cookies and attempt to access your hosting account again. If that does not resolve the issue please reach out to our support team

its really annoying that alot of people have been complaining about this same issues and yet you guys dont have a response.  I have called your support and i was told point blank that this is not a problem you can resolve. i mean, that's really annoying.

I use over a dozen of other web hosting companies and i have never had issues login in to cpanel.

I need this resolved asap as the hosting and domain is useless if i cant upload and edit

I have finally solved this issue. I downloaded the VPN client from hide.me. It gave me holland IP and everything worked fine. I logged into my cpanel and FTP and did everything I wanted without issues. I think godaddy blacklisted so many IPs

New

I believe this problem is due to the ISP that you are using to connect to the internet. Try using a different ISP (or if you are connecting through 3G or other mobile based network provider, try changing to another network and it may work). I use MTN and I keep getting this error but when I use Etisalat I am able to login without this error. Some providers use static IP addresses while some use dynamic IP addresses. If your ISP uses dynamic IP addresses you will experience this problem unless you use something like a VPN that can keep your IP address static

Hi ,

We have bought web hosting and set up or cpanel.  However,  first time we login to cpanel it works fine, but when I click on any folder in cpanel it asks me to relogin and after that I keep getting "Your IP address has changed. Please log in again."  . Tried clearing cache, using different browser and every possible solution from other posts and google solution. Contacted godaddy and they give me this weird answer that cpanel access can take upto 48hrs of propagation time. (because I said i can login very first time to cpanel but not since then).

Any help would really appreciate.

Thanks

Employee
Employee

Hi there,

There are currently no known issues going on for our hosting servers. If you are having this issue it could be that the DNS needs some propagation with the new Cpanel. I would let it sit for the standard propagation time frame of 48 hours then call us back to our hosting department if that is still occurring. Also, you can try an incognito/private window in your browser to see if it resolves sooner or resolves issue entirely.

I am also facing the same issue, since I bought this plan.

Their support scope is pathetic.

Please I am also having same issue.

I bought this about 2 days back but cab't do even a single thing. 

Please help me out!!

I also get logged out from cPanel always directly after cPanel login with an error message The IP has changed

My IP dynamically changes and the provider here in Chna will not change it, so I'm not able to do anything with my cPanel account and godaddy hosting became worthless for me since that! 

This happens not to my godaddy main account! So i can login and make new orders and spent money. No problems with an dynamic IP !! 

I also get logged out from cPanel always directly after cPanel login with an error message The IP has changed

My IP dynamically changes and the provider here in Chna will not change it, so I'm not able to do anything with my cPanel account and godaddy hosting became worthless for me since that! 

This happens not to my godaddy main account! So i can login and make new orders and spent money. No problems with an dynamic IP !! 

Please am facing this same issue, its becoming irritating, the customer support system is not helping. Can i get any help?

you are so right the problem was with mtn until i used airtel but now i have a vpn to solve to issue. Godaddy no try at all.

I'm having the same issue, has anyone had a resolution to this?

What the hell is happening i cannot also login my cpanel its says that ip has changed. Please solve the problem asap..

Solution

There are two possibilities why you would receive an error message “IP address has change” from cPanel.

1) Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) has a short DHCP lease time, causing your IP address to be renewed/released and reassigned while you are logged into cPanel.

2) You are attempting to login into cPanel using the same account from two different devices concurrently.

There are two ways to resolve the error message.

The first method is to relogin into cPanel. This usually works.

However, if method #1 doesn’t work, you may attempt method #2, by configuring your cookie IP validation settings. Method #2 is only applicable for accounts with cPanel and WHM version 11.28 and above.

Note: You must have a Cloud Hosting Reseller Account or higher.

Step 1 – Login into cPanel and WHM.

Step 2 – Click on “Main” -> “Server Configuration” -> “Tweak Settings” -> “Security Tab”.

Step 3 – Look for “Cookie IP Validation”. For more information, you may click on the “?” sign. It reads: Validate the IP addresses used in all cookie based logins. This will limit the ability of attackers who capture cPanel session cookies to use them in an exploit of the cPanel or WebHost Manager interfaces. For this setting to have maximum effectiveness, proxy domains should also be disabled.

Step 4 – Change the settings to “Loose” and the frequency of re-authentication will be lowered. You can also disabled it entirely.

Step 5 – Disable proxy domains. If you do not perform this step, you have to utilize a proxy server with a static IP address to establish and maintain your connection.

Step 6 – Clear your web browser’s cache and login into cPanel like normal.

Helper II

google what is my ip

Keep track of it ... if your IP keeps changeing you have one of these things

Proxy

Strange ISP

Maleware/Viruse

Someone else who logs in to the account from another computer

To solve it call you ISP and tell them you want a static IP .. cost around $5 or $10 .. this way your IP will never changes...

If someone else logs in to the CP give them another way to access the hosting (FTP, WEBMAIL, phpmyadmin) instead of direct CP access.

I keep getting logged out with this message "Your IP address has changed. Please log in again" every time I click on a tab on cPanel. That had been my experience all through today. I just couldn't do anything for the entire day

Anyway you could update this answer? I'm currently having the same problem but it seems like the settings have been completely changed.

Highlighted
New

Very very pathetic especially those of us in Africa. No toll free call, no chat option, nothing. I have this issue for 2 years now. "Your IP address has changed. Please log in again."

New

Hehe, omo naija