cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
NickInElgin
Getting Started

cPanel Last Login IP Address

In cPanel > GENERAL INFORMATION > Last Login IP Address, during one session, I noticed an unknown IP Address. See attached photo. The IP Address shown belongs to Amazon. How is it possible that Amazon is the Last Login IP Address to my website? Thank you kindly in advance for your reply.last-ip-upload.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Aly
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @NickInElgin ,

Potentially either GoDaddy is using Amazon AWS for hosting and its one of their backend services (Backup?) touching your cPanel or if you have Sucuri Security monitoring it may be one of their backend processes doing the same.

Perhaps a server update or server admin acting on a task.

In truth I don't know for sure but I have seen the same thing on our Business Hosting cPanel and put it down to one of these things. 

Aly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Aly
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @NickInElgin ,

Potentially either GoDaddy is using Amazon AWS for hosting and its one of their backend services (Backup?) touching your cPanel or if you have Sucuri Security monitoring it may be one of their backend processes doing the same.

Perhaps a server update or server admin acting on a task.

In truth I don't know for sure but I have seen the same thing on our Business Hosting cPanel and put it down to one of these things. 

Aly

View solution in original post

Thank you @Aly! I understand your answer, and accept it as very plausible. It would seem as if Amazon has a presence in everyone's life.