cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoeG
Novice

cPanel Web Disk Setup

Hello Everyone - I need help/guidance. 

After resolving several setup issues I can get the 'Main Web Disk Account' to work from a Windows 10 Pro PC and an Android Phone.  Both devices can read or write all folders.  The Android worked immediately and confirmed that cPanel was working.  Windows 10 had issues.  I could not get the VB scripts to work.  I had to use the manual setup that's defined cPanel documents and then set the Windows 10 registry value BasicAuthLevel from 1 to 2 in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WebClient\Parameters

as described in a different post.

But I can't get an Additional Web Disk Account to work.  At this point I've created several different additional accounts with many different options.  All accounts fail.  On the android the link just quits with no error message.  On Windows 10 PC the error message is 'https://a2plcpnl0253.prod.iad2.secureserver.net:2078 is requesting your username and password. The site says: “Restricted Area” '.  If I use a bad password the message is slightly different. 

Does anyone have experience using the Additional Web Disk Account features? 

JoeG

4 REPLIES 4

Re: cPanel Web Disk Setup

Hi @JoeG. Thanks for posting.

You might need to enable Digest Authentication. You can find the option for it in the web disk options, in the list of web disk users.

Otherwise, there might be an issue with the selected domain or home directory.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status
surajdong
Skilled

Hi,

I am new to "Starter Linux Hosting with cPanel" and WordPress. I am also unable to download and setup "Web Disk". I am using Windows 10 and I don't see the option for Windows 10. I would appreciate if you could send me guidelines to download Web Disk for my Windows 10. 

I used to get "Web Chat" support when I recently bought the "Starter Linux Hosting with cPanel" but after a week, I stopped getting the support. There is no phone support in the Country i am in at present. 

Thanks. 

Hi @surajdong.

No download is required to setup web disk. The download for other versions of Windows is just an automated setup. You can still manually set it up, although Windows 10 is not explicitly supported. The steps should be similar to earlier versions of Windows and you may need to enable Digest Authentication.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status
DPNana
Novice

I am running into the same problem.  Which version of Windows should I select or does it matter?