cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cPanel access problems

I am trying to give access to my app developer to my cpanel so he can edit my app and he sent me this message.

We have checked cPanel and confirmed that the files uploaded in /var/www/html path in cPanel, it is not accessible with the IP you gave (###) nor with the domain 'http://apps.qonkur.com/'

Please provide the right domain/IP for the cPanel you gave.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: cPanel access problems

Hi @qonkurmedia. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! In order to log into a cPanel dashboard for one of our shared hosting plans, you'd need to access it at domain.com/cpanel. You won't be able to do this via IP address. You can connect to a hosting plan via FTP with an IP address, but not a cPanel dashboard. Right now, it looks like your "apps" subdomain does not have an A Record. You may want to add an A Record that points to the IP address of your hosting account if you want your developer to access it that way. Since your domain is using Wix nameservers, you'll need to add the A Record with them. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Re: cPanel problems/

Will this affect my current site? Adding the a record

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: cPanel access problems

@qonkurmedia As long as you don't change the primary A record for qonkur.com, your site there shouldn't be affected. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.