Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Helper I
Helper I

cPanel emails not delivered to Gmail Apps email account only

Hello everyone,

Here is one weird situation with emails not being delivered. Less than a month ago we moved from our old Web Hosting Linux to cPanel Linux (shared) hosting with all our websites that have different domain names ending with .com, .xyz and .ch.

When an email is sent from any of the emails hosted at our cPanel Linux hosting to any other email address including email hosted at Gmail, i.e. receiver@gmail.com it gets delivered without any issue.

However,  when an email is sent to our Gmail Apps account that uses our own domain it does not get delivered. This is only the case with email sent from our cPanel Linux hosting.

As last, everything worked fine until we moved all our websites and domain names to cPanel Linux hosting.

Weird, no?

Thanks for reading.

5 REPLIES 5
Employee
Employee

Re: cPanel emails not delivered to Gmail Apps email account only

Hello @OneManShow!

Thank you for posting. That's pretty odd. One thing I'd check is to make sure the messages aren't being filtered to a bulk or junk folder. If that's not happening, can you reach out to our support team on this? They have some things they can test to see if the messages are leaving our server. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Helper I
Helper I
Solution

Just for the records.

No, emails are not filtered to a bulk or junk folder.

I've contacted support and being told that because this is a shared hosting it is not really meant to be used for emails. If for any reason an IP (shared) is blocked for email abuse by i.e. Gmail because of any other user using the same shared hosting and same shared IP, your outgoing emails will be affected as well.

So, I'll have to live with that, I cannot afford to buy a separate email service.

Regards.

One Man Show -- just to validate you, I am seeing the same thing.  I'm using Easy WP SMTP tp send emails from a Gravity Forms form in Wordpress.  It will send to my personal Gmail and to other email domains, but it won't send to my G Suite Gmail.  Thanks for sharing so I know I'm not crazy!  😉

New

Wordpress Email received OK by Gmail, but not Godaddy Office365

Hello,

I'm running a wordpress website on a godaddy cpanel hosting server.   Using both the "default" wordpress settings for sending mail, and SMTP authentication, I am not able to send email from wordpress form submits to my office 365 email address.

I can send it to my @att  address, my @Gmail address, and my @icloud email address.  But any emails sent from wordpress to godaddy's Office365 email address goes missing.  It does not go into junk or spam, just just goes nowhere.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Re: Wordpress Email received OK by Gmail, but not Godaddy Office365

I am having the same problem