cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

cPanel won't load via GoDaddy account page

I have a basic hosting account, for years. Had been dormant for awhile, then went back in to build new site recently. Was able to get things arranged, WordPress installed, etc., then started having cPanel access issues. 

I can get to my GoDaddy hosting page. If I click on the "cPanel Admin" button, it sends me to the GoDaddy login and then hangs. No error messages, just never loads (although the refresh icon is in the toolbar, refreshing does nothing). 

The domain itself appears fine (daughterofmadness.com). I have cleared my cache, tried iNinja, and SSH access all with no luck. When it started initially, I reset it and started over and was ok for a few days and now I haven't been able to get in again for at least several days.

I am using Chrome and McAfee True Key. User names and passwords for FTP/cPanel setup were left as whatever randomized items were automatically generated.

Please help!

4 REPLIES 4
Solution

Re: cPanel won't load via GoDaddy account page

Hi @jgug84. Thanks for being a part of the GoDaddy community! As of right now, there are no reported issues with customer's cPanel Admin pages not loading properly. If you haven't already done so, be sure to clear your cache and cookies as well as try to access the admin through an incognito window in Chrome or a private window in FireFox. 

If you are still encountering issues, I recommend calling into our live support where they can further troubleshoot what the issue might be and why you aren't able to access this page. 

KristyW - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I get the exact same problem... like all the time. I have called tech support, even conducted trace routes, all kinds of things to no avail, cache and cookie clearing doesn't help me. The workaround has been either of 2 methods. Usually once I enter the generic godaddy login and its just sitting there, I can go back to the web hosting tab that's still open and click the cpanel admin button again and usually it will work (sometimes doing it again - back- then again etc). The other fool proof way is to copy the cpanel admin page link once it's open, and paste it in a text file somewhere, then go there directly. That always works, but you have to know your random stupid user name (again cut and paste) and cpanel password. I wish godaddy would actually believe this is a thing, I have called, and I'm POSITIVE I'm not the only one. I use firefox, but it also happens with other browsers as well.

Me too: same thing daytimes are really bad early morning before 6am is ok. Not cache as have used different platforms (Tablet, Phone and desktop) and fresh browsers.

This has became a major problem with Godaddy. What good is it to have hosting if you can't access your account?

A clue is that it happens in the daytime mostly when usage is highest.

Clearing cache browsers, etc do not help.

Ideas?