cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client denied by server configuration on hosting error report

When I check Cpanel errors I can see below errors appear lot of time

[authz_core:error] [pid 1511858:tid 139922511988480] [client 66.249.69.160:62970] AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /home/bmfr4sszyn9xz/public_html/lankadirectory.info/ads.txt

So many users have ask about this error on this community and they didn't get any reply.

6 REPLIES 6
Super User III
Super User III

Re: client denied by server configuration on hosting error report

@lnakaconnection 

So a quick google search shows that this error "AH01630: client denied by server configuration:" is something that is generated by Apache (the web server)

I attempted to go to http://lankadirectory.info/ads.txt and I got a 403 Forbidden Message

That would tell me either the permission on this folder or file are not set correctly, or perhaps you have a .htaccess only allowing access from certain IP addresses.

As such you are seeing the error is your logs

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Check this error.

client denied by server configuration

[Thu Jul 25 18:06:54.176779 2019] [access_compat:error] [pid 2371820:tid 47915500381952] [client 23.81.58.49:34889] AH01797: client denied by server configuration: /home/bmfre9mie9xz/public_html/canonplotterslk.info/ads.txt, referer: https://canonplotterslk.info

This is seem to be something wrong in Apache configuration. Please refer below article

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HTTPD/ClientDeniedByServerConfiguration

Super User III
Super User III

@lnakaconnection 

I see this is on the same server as your last post - it looks like a specific IP address is being blocked - perhaps you have an htaccess file that is blocking it

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

I search about this error in the Internet. I found that the issue is Apache Setting on the godaddy server. When I inform this to Godaddy with the proof also they don't like to correct this issue on their side. This error not effect only for me I found that Godaddy community has another thread to asking about this error and solution has not given. I have fed up with this Godaddy poor service now.

I am running same script on webhostinghub server and there are no any error like this. They maintain correct Apache setting on their server.

This error can remove from Godaddy server very easily according to this article

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HTTPD/ClientDeniedByServerConfiguration

People asking about their error on web servers from 2017. No any solution has been given. See the below link.

https://www.godaddy.com/community/cPanel-Hosting/Getting-Error-client-denied-by-server-configuration...

Super User III
Super User III

@lnakaconnection 

The other posting you referenced is a 500 error which is a configuration error. If you run any WordPress websites you will see this from time to time when a plugin or theme doesn't update correctly. 

I have a couple of questions

1) Do you have any .htaccess files either in the public_html folder or in the subfolder for this site

2) To confirm is this a VPS or a cPanel server

3) When you are in the file manager, what is the permissions (last column) on the ads.txt file?