Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Kevin0wens
Getting Started

ecommerce site on economy hosting & ssl

Hi,

Kindly answer the following 2-part query of mine:

(1) Would there be any issue if I were to create (install) an "e-commerce (opencart)" website on the "Economy Linux Hosting with cPanel" ?

(2) Also, would there be any issues when installing SSL cert (manually or otherwise..) from letsencrypt on the setup mentioned previously in (1) ?

Thank you

Edit: removed the whmcs for my current concern/query

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Kevin0wens 

I don't see any issues with running OpenCart on a cPanel account - Just remember that by it's nature a cPanel account is a shared server so therefore if you have a high volume of traffic it could be a bit slow

At one point I had 40 WordPress brochure sites in a single cPanel account (most sites got <500 visits per day) overall they performed ok - but they were simple without alot of database activity

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Kevin0wens
Getting Started

Edit: Please delete this as I have incorrectly posted this query in this subforum instead of cpanel-subforum. Also, kindly answer this query here.

Hi,

Kindly answer the following 2-part query of mine:

(1) Would there be any issue if I were to create (install) an "e-commerce (WHMCS or opencart)" website on the "Economy Linux Hosting with cPanel" ?

(2) Also, would there be any issues when installing SSL cert (manually or otherwise..) from letsencrypt on the setup mentioned previously in (1) ?

Thank you

PL281
Super User IV

@Kevin0wens 

1) I merged your two posts together - there is only one "Community" regardless of country you are using

2) To the best of my knowledge you will actually need to use a VPS or Dedicated Server for what you are describing - WHMCS is for use with cPanel but what it does is adds the billing features into WHM - the Linux Hosting with cPanel is a single cPanel account where as you are looking (based on your questions) for the ability to sell cPanel accounts to others.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Thank you for replying, but my main concern is about opencart. I have edited the post accordingly and it was my mistake earlier asking about whmcs as well; but, if we are only talking about opencart, then, what would the setup mentioned in the original post would face any issues?

@Kevin0wens 

I don't see any issues with running OpenCart on a cPanel account - Just remember that by it's nature a cPanel account is a shared server so therefore if you have a high volume of traffic it could be a bit slow

At one point I had 40 WordPress brochure sites in a single cPanel account (most sites got <500 visits per day) overall they performed ok - but they were simple without alot of database activity

View solution in original post

Thanks!