Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
shkodraunit
Novice

email restore

Hi all,

Just changed the hosting from deluxe to economy for some reason.

Full backup created before downgrade, site, database is restored and everything looks great. The problem is email account. Is any way to restore those emails and contacts from full backup?

There is a file named mail that has some files and folders.

Thanks

3 REPLIES

Re: email restore

@shkodraunit

Thank you for posting your question!

First, what type of hosting did you downgrade?  cPanel would have it's mail built in, but all hostings are different.  Also when you downgraded your resources, did you check to see if the emails were still working?  For instance, if you had cPanel email set up, and you downgraded resources, this should have no affect on your email, at all.  Any mailboxes created would remain inside of cPanel, and would still be viewable.   

Also, what type of email are you referring to?  I assumed cPanel email, but I might be wrong.  Please share a little more information, and that might shed some light to the problem!

William Sullivan - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
P.S. - If you find my answer helpful, please feel free to give kudos.
shkodraunit
Novice

Hello,

from cpanel to cpanel with linux, just changed from deluxe to economy. Email was working fine

@shkodraunit, I found this article within cPanel.net,

So are you wondering how to restore email details manually?  If so there is a forum located here, 

https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/how-to-restore-email-data-of-cpanel-manually.157158/

I have not been able to recreate this in the past, but I am sure if you have a backup of your emails that you should be able to upload the file, as stated in that forum.  They say to upload the mail file directly from your backup through FTP, which should restore previous email.  You may have to recreate mailboxes if they were removed for whatever reason.  

William Sullivan - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
P.S. - If you find my answer helpful, please feel free to give kudos.