cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

emails sent from website blocked by Godday

My websites (3) are hosted by Godaddy. I have automatic email sending from Contact Us page. It was working for few months and now it does not work anymore.  Websites created with Joombala 3.8.5.  Tried different things but still not working. It seems that Godaddy is blocking emails from these websites.

Any help will be welcome! 

I found this forum describing a similar issue:

Re: Email not working Joomla 3.8.5

Post by ncwebdude2 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:04 pm

Thanks to everyone for the info and 'training' on the fpa-en.php useage.  The issue was with the GoDaddy hosting, I had been blocked for unknown reasons and had to prove that the site was "clean". They were very nice and spent some considerable time helping me. I have several dozen sites and domains with them. Again thanks to each of you for your responses.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: emails sent from website blocked by Godday

Hi @eduardoantonio. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! Based on the response from the other forum you posted, it sounds like maybe you'll need to connect with our support team to sort this out. However, before you do so, there are a few things you can try to see if you can clear up the issue. 

1. Send email from a domain-specific address. If your form is set up to have the send from address be @gmail.com or something similar, you'll want to change that to be an address that is specific to the domain for your website. Even if this address isn't a functional one. 
  2. Add an SPF record to your domain if you don't have one. Mail sent from any of our email servers should have the following SPF record
    v=spf1 include:secureserver.net -all 
  3. Send from relay-hosting.secureserver.net. If you have your form configured to send email from any other server, it generally won't work. If you're using the PHP mail() function, you probably don't need to specify a server. 
  4. Don't use a generic subject. If your email form sends with a subject like "new message" it might be blocked as spam. Changing this to something unique should help. 

If you take all of the steps above but still can't send email from your website, please connect with our support team so they can take a look at the issue. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.