cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

errors trying to install wordpress plugins/theme updates on godaddy multiple site hosting

Ok so I have several wordpress sites running as an addon domain.  Today I went to update plugins in one of the wordpress sites and I got an error: Update Failed: Could not copy file. ninja-forms/assets/css/display-opinions.css

I then tried to update another plugin and I got a similar error:

Update Failed: Could not create directory. wordpress-seo/admin/formatter

On a different wordpress site I tried to update a plugin and get:

Update Failed: Could not copy file. ninja-forms/assets/css/codemirror.css

Basically all of a sudden for no apparent reason I can not update anything on any of my sites.  I have not changed any settings to cause this.  It just started happening.  What would cause this all of a sudden and what can I do to fix it?  

2 REPLIES 2
Employee
Employee

Re: errors trying to install wordpress plugins/theme updates on godaddy multiple site hosting

Hello @avatarustin!

Thank you for posting. You might want to try disabling all plugins but the one you're trying to update and see if that helps. If not, reach out to our support team. They may be able to point you in the right direction. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Solution

Re: errors trying to install wordpress plugins/theme updates on godaddy multiple site hosting

Solution Found!

Solution = Pay Godaddy lots more money!

Tada!

Basically what happened is that my Deluxe hosting had a file limit that had been reached and so I was being shutdown until I upgraded to a higher tier business/enterprise product.