cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fsockopen on Windows shared hosting causes FastCGI timeout

I have a site using PHP running on GoDaddy shared Windows hosting where I run the following call to send email via a third party email service provider: 

$fp = fsockopen('ssl://api.elasticemail.com', 443, $errno, $errstr, 30);
fputs ($fp, $header.$data);

This works some of the time - but intermittently the following error is generated by IIS, enough to be a significant irritation to users of my service:

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error C:\php53\php-cgi.exe - The FastCGI process exceeded configured activity timeout

Detailed Error Information

Module

FastCgiModule

Notification

ExecuteRequestHandler

Handler

FastCGI-PHP

Error Code

0x80070102

Requested URL

<redacted>

Physical Path

<redacted>

Logon Method

Anonymous

Logon User

Anonymous

How do I stop this from happening? is there a way using Windows shared hosting to increase the FastCGI timeout to be longer?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: fsockopen on Windows shared hosting causes FastCGI timeout

Hey @rihallix,

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but CGI is not supported in Windows (Plesk) hosting environments. If you absolutely require this type of functionality, you'll need to switch over to a Linux (cPanel) hosting plan which should better support this.

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

This doesn't make sense. The command fsockopen and fput command does work some of the time.

Hey @rihallix,

The commands 'fsockopen' and 'fput' are part of gdlib which is available within the Plesk environment. However you're using these commands to trigger a CGI error is what is not support as CGI is not present in any of our Windows hosting environments. Only our Linux plans will be able to support the use of CGI functions.

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support