cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

main domain files should not be in main directory

this is more of suggestion but maybe there is a way to do this way but I have around 11 domains in my account and in file manager public html the main domain files are so unorganized, i wish the main domain had its own folder just like all other subdomains. for example i don't want the wp-admin and wp-content be next to other folders of subdomains. Please let me know if there is any solution around this. Thanks  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

If i understood your question right then you want separate folder for main domain...

You can do that i the following way..

1. Create A Folder name "XYZ.com" a Name of Main domain.

2. Move or Copying your Files to That Folder in the same that of Filles of Wordpress include all in same way lies on public_html folder..

3.Go to Domain Manager in Cpanel..

4.Select Domain you Want change a path.

5. You can find the path of Main Domain specified at that.

6. Change your domain path to that new folder you created i.e /public_html/new_folder.

Now your domain will works and with separate folder..

I hope this would help you .

View solution in original post

Super User III

One option is to use a 'fictitious' sub-domain as your Primary (like fake.yourdomain.com), and then have all the websites on add-on domains.

2 REPLIES 2

If i understood your question right then you want separate folder for main domain...

You can do that i the following way..

1. Create A Folder name "XYZ.com" a Name of Main domain.

2. Move or Copying your Files to That Folder in the same that of Filles of Wordpress include all in same way lies on public_html folder..

3.Go to Domain Manager in Cpanel..

4.Select Domain you Want change a path.

5. You can find the path of Main Domain specified at that.

6. Change your domain path to that new folder you created i.e /public_html/new_folder.

Now your domain will works and with separate folder..

I hope this would help you .

Super User III

One option is to use a 'fictitious' sub-domain as your Primary (like fake.yourdomain.com), and then have all the websites on add-on domains.