cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

name server Information

I have just purchased hosting from goDady; and i have domain registered with other company. How do i get the goDady Nameservers to update my name servers in domain setting to point my godady hosting?
Where can i get the nameServers?

6 REPLIES 6
Super User I
Super User I

Re: name server Information

@MohammadHussain wrote:

I have just purchased hosting from goDady; and i have domain registered with other company. How do i get the goDady Nameservers to update my name servers in domain setting to point my godady hosting?
Where can i get the nameServers?

@MohammadHussain Your nameservers will be located in the email that Godaddy sends you regarding your new hosting account. Once you have them you'll need to login to your other registrar's account and update the nameservers to the ones that Godaddy has provided you.

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I

Nothing is mentioned is the email; while i logged into Cpanel, there is an IP address only. Is there any way to get the nameservers?

Regards !

Hi i have a similar problem .To answer your question when you go on cpanel go to Dns functions, add a new dns zone , fill that with your informations and then go to Nameservers record report , you will find your nameservers there after that. 

I did all this, the problem is when i try to enter my nameservers in godaddy domain settings it gives me a weird error . try this out and let me know if it works for you

Super User I
Super User I

@Ago7001 wrote:

Hi i have a similar problem .To answer your question when you go on cpanel go to Dns functions, add a new dns zone , fill that with your informations and then go to Nameservers record report , you will find your nameservers there after that. 

I did all this, the problem is when i try to enter my nameservers in godaddy domain settings it gives me a weird error . try this out and let me know if it works for you

@Ago7001 what error are you receiving? 

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I

Hi , when trying to change the nameservers i always get this error "the data provided cannot be used, please correct it and resumbit your request" , i have contacted godaddy support and they have told me that apparently the nameservers arent correct somehow , even though they are the ones given to me by my hosting , so i dont know what to do now , my domain has been parkes for 10 days because it doesnt point to my hosting .

Super User I
Super User I

@Ago7001 wrote:

Hi , when trying to change the nameservers i always get this error "the data provided cannot be used, please correct it and resumbit your request" , i have contacted godaddy support and they have told me that apparently the nameservers arent correct somehow , even though they are the ones given to me by my hosting , so i dont know what to do now , my domain has been parkes for 10 days because it doesnt point to my hosting .

@Ago7001 Typically this happens when the nameservers that you're entering aren't actual registered nameservers. Without providing an further information I'm unable to provide a solution though.

---