cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New

openticket email setup configuration

We installed openticket (osticket) which works fine except it cannot access email on the godaddy servers.

I received the email server info frmo godaddy but when I try and enter it on openticket settings and try to connect to email server it always results in:

Can't connect to imap.secureserver.net,993: No route to host

I would think that since this is a godaddy installation it should be able to access email server with correct credentials.

All the forums I check suggest this is a firewall issue but there is no firewall on cpanel in my GD account nor is there any direct access to the osticket server.

Help

3 REPLIES 3

Re: openticket email setup configuration

Hey @mtsiss,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

Are your email addresses within the hosting plan setup under Workspace or cPanel email? If using Workspace mail credits that were awarded with the hosting plan, these free credits are POP only and won't work with IMAP connection settings. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
New

Workspace

I tried pop settings also and got the same error message.

New

So I setup an email account (support1) using the cPanel email wizard.

I was then able to connect openticket to the email server!

However, when i try to send email to that account from gmail, etc. I get an error

-------------------

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

* support1@mts-iss.com

Reason: There was an error while attempting to deliver your message with [Subject: "TEST2"] to support1@mts-iss.com. MTA p3plsmtpa07-03.prod.phx3.secureserver.net received this response from the destination host IP - 68.178.213.203 - 550 , 550 5.1.1 <support1@mts-iss.com> Recipient not found. <http://x.co/irbounce>

----------------------------

I also cannot send email out from openticket even though SMTP credentials are good.

What do I need to change to get this to work? An MX record?

Note: I have 12 other accounts under webmail that need to stay working.