cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

plan to upgrade to deluxe plan to host more than 1 website.

I need to host more than one website, hence plan to upgrade to deluxe plan. 

wanted to know, after host more than one site:

1) do i need to move all the files of current website to new folder manually?

2) how subdomain setting works if i host more than one site? 

thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: plan to upgrade to deluxe plan to host more than 1 website.

I assume you are referring to the following hosting https://www.godaddy.com/hosting/web-hosting

aka GoDaddy cPanel hosting...

1) As I recall from when I've used these servers in the past when you upgrade to the next "level" it is a resource / feature adjustment.

2) As someone who has used these servers and at 1 point had 40 WordPress sites on one.... I give a bit of caution to putting multiple websites on a single one of these servers (unless they are HTML / custom sites)

When using the cPanel server all your sites are in one "sandbox" if something should get compromised on one site it is possible that the exploit would then allow access to all your sites on the box.

The options I recommend to people are 

1) If WordPress use Managed WordPress https://www.godaddy.com/hosting/wordpress-hosting as it has a slew of other features as well

2) If a mix of WordPress an other sites you maybe better off with a VPS  - https://www.godaddy.com/hosting/vps-hosting  You do need to be a bit more techie to use this

3) If wanting to keep things simple but have the added security of keeping each site in it's own sandbox, just get multiple of the cPanel servers.

Hope this helps

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Employee
Employee

Hey Garfchong, Welcome to the community. 

As what someone said previously, if you're looking to stay on the same environment, your upgrade path will be seemless.  Head to your product page inside of your MyAccount page, and click the options tab next to the hosting account you'd like to enlarge.  Choose either Deluxe -> Ultimate from this list, depending on your needs.  This will adjust the plan to fix what you upgraded to.  On the flip side, for more power/control over the hosting - VPS will allow this, but you need previous server administrator knowledge. 

We do offer a heavy hitting Shared Hosting under the name of "business hosting."  These are designed to scale with your increase in business.  Assuming you're on a cpanel that is shared, you can seamlessly auto migrate to a business hosting as well.  Those options are here!

Let us know if you have any more concerns. 

All the best,
Edward
GoDaddy Hosting Support

Hi Edward, very likely i will choose the deluxe plan, as i only need to host two to three website.

But i wanted to know, do i need to manually move the files & folder of my current website to new folder? the plan i currently using can host one site only.

thanks

Super User III
Super User III

@garfchong 

When you select the upgrade (vs purchasing a new product) it is a resource adjustment so all of your files stay right where they are

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted
Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I
Solution

Hi @garfchong ,

When using a subdomain or multiple domains on the same server you will use your cPanel dashboard section for the Domain Managment.  In that section you'll find wizards for adding the additional domains and subdomains.  You may need to spend some time learning about the DNS settings to go with them.  Also, you'll need to make sure that your email settings are resolved so that any emails that go along with the subdomains,etc are properly routed.  Once again, within the cPanel there's a section for your email settings.  If you are using external email servers/routing you'll need to make sure that "external" connections are set in your email.

BTW, I use business hosting and its proven to be an excellent platform so far!

Good luck and hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

thanks for advice. finally i upgraded it, working pretty well .....cheers