cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The MySQL server is currently offline" issue

When I try to access the WordPress site outside of GoDaddy, I get "Error Establishing A Database Connection".  I logged into GoDaddy and when I select MySQL Databases from the CPanel, I get "The MySQL server is currently offline".  Is this something I can fix?  And if so, how?  Or is this a GoDaddy issue?

EDIT:  Nevermind...it just magically fixed itself?  Does that mean it was something on GoDaddy's side?

7 REPLIES 7
Helper III
Helper III

Re: "The MySQL server is currently offline" issue

Unless you have a VPS or dedicated server, it does indeed sound like the issue was on GoDaddy's side.  There may have been some maintenance on their MySQL servers, or perhaps something went wrong.  Either way, it does not sound like something you could have caused or fixed.

Same is happening with me. what to do?

I got these error when I open MySQL Database in my cPanel.

• The MySQL server is currently offline.
  • Error while connecting to MySQL: (XID e6c6vj) Database Connect Error: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) Error while connecting to MySQL: (XID e6c6vj) Database Connect Error: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 173.

It's been offline for 24 hours. My website has been down for 24 hours and loss few sales. Anyone has any solutions to fix it? I need to get the data out from there and I gonna change my hosting provider. This is so frustrating.

facing the same issue....looks like there's nothing i can do...

help!!

did the error go?

New

I'm having same problem here.

Mysql down for few hours already.

Does anyone know how to fix this ?

If you come up with the error “The MySQL® server is currently offline” while trying to access database form cPanel. All the domains will show the same while accessing databases.

You can solve this from your server/WHM. Follow the steps below for fixing this issue.

Step 1.

Restart Mysql

Step 2.

Change Mysql root password. For that,

WHM -> SQL Services -> MySql Root Password -> Change the password.

Check whether the issue is solved. If no, go for step 3.

Step 3.

Try the following command from command line of the server,

/scripts/checkperlmodules –full –force
/scripts/upcp –force

This will solve the issue.