cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
GoDaddy Pro Experienced
GoDaddy Pro Experienced

vBulletin install..

The install keeps freezing on me. I ran the upgrade but it freezes on that as well. Its driving me NUTS!

When I finally get it to install it looks like the style is missing but everything is there. So I am guessing that the install is not working right

http://inourmomsbasement.com/

cPanel

8 REPLIES 8
GoDaddy Pro Experienced
GoDaddy Pro Experienced
Solution

Re: vBulletin install..

Got it!! Thanks

Vbulletin 5.3.0

Hi,

I have purchased web hosting from GoDaddy and was told Vbulletin would work. I am running into issues when trying to install it.

The Vbulletin install keeps freezing, I think my web hosting doesn't have the correct spec to support Vbulletin 5.3.0.

Can GoDaddy refund me or supply me with what i thought I was purchasing?

My web hosting is Economy Linux Hosting with cPanel

Employee
Employee

Re: Vbulletin 5.3.0

Hello @Tradersprofit!

Thank you for posting. I've moved your question to this thread since @Dangioffre was having the same issue. @Dangioffre can you reply here and let TradersProfit know what worked for you? Thanks so much in advance! 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
GoDaddy Pro Experienced
GoDaddy Pro Experienced

Hey @Tradersprofit,

I was having the same problem. I was using the wrong version of PHP. Make sure you are using PHP 5.6 or higher. Thats what fixed it for me.

GoDaddy Pro Experienced
GoDaddy Pro Experienced

Forgot to add in. If u dont have that PHP version contact godaddy and they will upgrade that for you.

If its still freezing. Try /upgrade.php and try that. 

lushot
Novice

Re: vBulletin install..

Mi install freezes at 73% all the times, and ai don't know what to do, i find this thread looking into google, cause find help y the site it's too hard

@Dangioffre wrote:

The install keeps freezing on me. I ran the upgrade but it freezes on that as well. Its driving me NUTS!

When I finally get it to install it looks like the style is missing but everything is there. So I am guessing that the install is not working right

http://inourmomsbasement.com/

cPanel

lushot
Novice

it's not just for te 5.3.x version only i tried to install 4.2.5 and it didn't work

ceciled
Apprentice

Has anyone got vbulletin working on godaddy? Im trying to install 4.2.5 and I get access denied to database. but when i use a test script with the same credentials it connects to the database.