New

Original domain registration date and length of ownership disappearing in domain servers

Hello,

Make sure to remember this message and discuss it. Spread the word.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!

I think that GoDaddy and all others have to take this seriously. Had domain bought and paid for since 2013 being the first and only owner of it, but when domain was transferred to the GoDaddy website for domain sales, the date disappeared. It was logged as 2013 in Always Amber services at PDR Ltd, but it is gone in GoDaddy.

WhoIS still has the original record, but we need to copy all that in picture or file format to have a future reference, otherwise those records may go away or get deleted after some time, but they should be protected instead for 50-100 or more years. It is like a register of human population. Why would you want it go away or get corrupt? YOU AND OTHERS MUST PROTECT THIS.

If domain gets transferred to another domain holding service, dates have to transfer. Maybe even the list of domain companies where the domain names were kept and for how long in each. Including the sales and transfer of ownership. Names of protected owners may be private and classified, unless the owner agrees to unclassify. Domain holding companies will have to have all the records and have well organised printouts as well just to make sure.that the info does not disappear after some hacking. Consider MD5 double verifying everything and have an exact copy of the files in a remote server or external drives. Again, including you have an old copy as well just in case someone would try to delete or corrupt both servers. Consider BLUERAY drives 100GB in size as an emergency backup to be done once per year and simple backup every week or every day.

Make sure you understand that security or other personnel may be a trojan horse in a business. That's how a lot of hacking or theft happens.

Make sure to remember this message and discuss it. Spread the word.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!

Thank you.

Super User II

@xerrax 

It's a common misconception that GoDaddy and other domain providers are the ones that make the rules regarding domains. They are not. It is an organization called ICANN. They control ALL of the registration information as it pertains to domain ownership. GoDaddy can't do anything about the way they operate.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Thank you.

Thank you.

I think you all as users, buyers and sellers, should make a serious note of this and discuss with others asap because issues are increasing faster and faster. Domain registrars are as guilty as others regarding the info about domain ownership. They do keep records, they should be inclined to keep the records, unless they benefit from the loss of that........     ?