February, the month of love and Valentine’s Day. We love you, our customers. But love is more than just words, so here are some highlights of things the Websites + Marketing and Online Store teams created to show our appreciation for you.
The “+ Marketing” part of Websites + Marketing (W+M) is at play. Manage all your social accounts from one central Dashboard. We’ve had Facebook and Instagram and now we have Twitter.
Connect your account to Twitter and review and track profile your insights and post performance from within GoDaddy. In the next few months, look for the ability to post Tweets right from your Dashboard (coming soon).
Go to Marketing > Twitter. Select Sign In to Twitter and follow the prompts. Happy Tweeting!
February saw two shiny improvements when managing customers, members and subscribers: contact details and the email composer!
First, every customer, member, or subscriber in your connections now includes a Contact Details View. See the complete activity history for each contact, including activities from online store, online appointments, email marketing and membership.
There’s also a view of the contact’s past and future appointments, their complete and incomplete orders and an area for detailed notes about that specific contact. Email the contact, manage which lists they’re on and edit their other profile details.
All in one place.
You don’t own your audience on social platforms but you own and control your list of customers, subscribers and members. Send them a professional-looking email using our new email composer.
From the Connections option on your dashboard, select a group of people and select Create Campaign.
In the first screen, compose your email. Here are some of the new features you can use:
- Your banner is imported from your Home page and is automatically linked to your website if a reader clicks on it. Swap out the image if you’d like, zoom and rotate it, and change where it links to.
- Replace the default text and add some content of your own. Text, images and buttons are all yours to design. Change font styling (bold, formatting) and button text and links. (Button colors are pre-set by the colors in your theme.)
- Social media icons for connected channels appear in the footer.
Once you’re done, select Continue. Customize the email subject line and how your name and email appear as the sender. All that’s left is to send it out.
Do you accept payments online, deposits, or payments in person? Before, you had to set one method of payment and stick with it for all appointments or events.
Now you can set a different payment method for each appointment or event you offer.
Want to try it out? From your site, go to Appointments > Services.
Either select an existing service, or Add Service. In the service screen, you can now change the payment method for just that service.
We’ve got some new ways for you to modify your content. Oh, and remember to Publish. We save as you go, but the changes aren’t visible to others until you publish.
If your logo has a transparent background, it might be hard to see over a busy header image.
Now you can change the background of your logo image to be white or black in addition to transparent. Try it out if you’re using Modern, Kai, Dawn, Dusk, Urban, Slate, or Element themes.
Note: If the uploaded logo doesn’t have a transparent background already, we don’t have the ability to change or remove it. And if you don’t already have a transparent background, you won’t see the option to make the background white or black.
We added a button to the inline editor–did you catch it? If you don’t like the layout of your section, hover over the section you want to change and select the layout button in the inline editor. On the right, you’ll see all the options for how your section could be laid out. Pick the one you like the best and go.
Remember last month where you were able to rearrange, add and delete content in the section (without having to use the editor in the right-hand panel?) Well, last month it only worked for the About and Content sections. This month we’re adding the ability to do that in the Menu section as well.
Open a page with a menu or add a menu section to an existing page. Right in the screen itself you can move an item before or after the item next to it, add a new item, or delete that item.
Our Guides are creating new courses every month on our How-To page.
|Getting to Know Websites + Marketing One of the benefits of having a W+M site is the Insights panel in your dashboard. It helps you measure where you are against others in your niche, and make specific suggestions where you can improve. You’ll also learn other features to grow your business as well as your site.|
|Getting Started with Email Marketing Our Guides walk you through a simple four-step process to kickstart your email marketing efforts, including how to design and compose professional-looking marketing emails and manage email marketing logistics and tracking metrics.|
- Getting to Know Websites + Marketing One of the benefits of having a W+M site is the Insights panel in your dashboard. It helps you measure where you are against others in your niche, and make specific suggestions where you can improve. You’ll also learn other features to grow your business as well as your site.
- Getting Started with Email Marketing Our Guides walk you through a simple four-step process to kickstart your email marketing efforts, including how to design and compose professional-looking marketing emails and manage email marketing logistics and tracking metrics.
Websites + Marketing Help resources
If you have questions, check out these Website Builder resources. And remember — we offer 24/7 phone support. Call us!
- Round-up of all Websites + Marketing Help articles.
- How-To Courses on everything from building your own website to adding your online store.
- Websites + Marketing | Website Builder user forum on the GoDaddy Community (must be logged in to access).
- Websites + Marketing Webinars (free, must be logged in to register and attend).
Note: If you don’t already have a Websites + Marketing account, you can start a free trial today.
Need help with social media? The GoDaddy Social team can help with that.
Image by: Gabriel Smith of The Definition by Amber Kissner; NYE Activation 2019 in Los Angeles, California