The GoDaddy product information in this article is outdated and currently under review for accuracy. For the latest up-to-date product information please visit godaddy.com
This month’s hosting performance hangout on Google+™ focused on using expires headers to speed up your website. Expires headers give context on what Web page info should be served from a cache if it is available. (For example, while a Web page needs to load all its images and related files the very first time a visitor accesses a particular page, subsequent loads usually do not need to reload unchanged images, which takes time.)
David Koopman (Principal Engineer, GoDaddy)
Marcel Verkerk (Lead Performance Engineer, GoDaddy)
- What are website headers?
- What are expires headers?
- Tips for making your website faster (code optimization, SQL optimization, image optimization)
- Demo 1: Adding expires headers on a GoDaddy cPanel site
- How to review website performance with http://webpagetest.org for a sample Joomla!® site
- Editing htaccess on a GoDaddy cPanel site
- Demo 2: Adding expires headers on a DNN® (formerly DotNetNuke) site on GoDaddy Windows hosting
- Tips for setting expires headers for different MIME types
- How to test whether a slow website is caused by a slow connection, a hosting provider, or something else
- Additional Q&A
Be sure to join us for our next hosting hangout on June 13 to learn how optimizing images and image compression can improve website performance.